The future of LSU Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Aug 28, 2003.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I know, I know...it's football season. But with the HUGE committment today, I felt a topic was needed(especially considering that a lot of experts predict that "big baby" is better than any of our recruits last year). Imagine this lineup in three years(hoping nobody leaves early):

PG=Tack Minor
    SG= Maybe Darrell Mitchell or a different future tiger?
    SF=Regis Koundjia
    PF=Brandon Bass
    C=Big Baby

That lineup sounds like a Dukie team or a Maryland team. But the big reason why the Dukes and Marylands win so much comes a lot from their bench. I think with the starting lineup we will have, plus some key reserves(like Ross Neltner or Tim Bush).

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I'll agree that sounds like a great lineup but I still don't know about Brady's coaching abilities. The real BIG reason that Duke and Maryland win so much is Coach K and Gary Williams are two of the best coaches in the nation. I hope Brady shows me that he can coach at their level.

3. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

With the talent we have at LSU we will be a forced to be delt with. Look out Kentucky, LSU is here.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Well, I guess we will find out DD. But with that kind of talent, a team can be carried a long way...(AKA Strohmile Swift)

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Methinks the future of LSU basketball is very bright! Ive been a long time supporter of Brady, and its probably because I dont feel he has had enough post-probation time to prove or disprove himself. The next two years will be very telling of his abilities, but I have confidence. He can win the SEC with the right talent- he has already done that. Let's see if he can do it again and more.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Ditto!

7. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I'm excited....its going to be like those days of Pac the Mac when Stromile and Jabari were here. It may even measure up to the days of Shaq and Chris Jackson......I can't wait.

8. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

LSU bball is headed in the right direction that's for sure....if hudson could ever regain his SEC tournament form from his freshman season look out folks

even this year, i predict LSU to finish 1st or 2nd in the West (if these recruits are as good as advertised)...i've seen Bass play but none of the others

9. metrytigrer31

metrytigrer31 Freshman

04-05 will be great but if everything goes as planned

in 05-06 you ll have a hell of a line up
    tack minor
    darrell mitchell
    tasmin mitchell
    regis koundja
    bass
    big baby
    neltner

its like that team with shaq and cj

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I hope these new guys all play as freshmen so they can better deal with Brady's high school offense.