The future President of the United States.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mr. Peabody, Aug 31, 2004.

1. LSUfan08

LSUfan08 Founding Member

I learned in a political science class that you must be a natural born citizen of the U.S. to run for president....but I took that class when I went to UL-lafayette, so you never know if it is right.

(yes i went to ul, but that was the biggest mistake of my life, and now i made the smart decision to move back home and get a real education at the great LSU)

Well, if he can run for president in 2008, i think he would have a good chance!

:usaflagwa :911: :usaflagwa Bush '04

2. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

You are correct. But, who is to say that they can't change the constitution?

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

crawfish.... I always knew your mental capacity fell below the radar but c'mon....infidelity disqualifies a pres. candidate? lol you call bush a monkey yet you are barely a primate.

See JFK, see any president. you should read and do less posting. you make ppl proud to be republicans.

4. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

\

Amen. Because as we all know, Bill Clinton and JFK were horrible Presidents.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

That's good because I think that's exactly what Ah-nold did... :grin:

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Yawn......

keep drinking the kool-aid.

BTW, how many posts do you average a day?
    I'm sure you're in the lead. (14.4)

Just remember all those pics on your computer will make you go blind.

p.s...............now's the time when you post some stupid pic.

8. LSUfan08

LSUfan08 Founding Member

You are right about this. Everything changes. I heard John McCain talking on the view this morning, and it sounds like this change is already in discussion.

:usaflagwa :911: :usaflagwa Bush '04

9. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

No way, no how does Arnold become President. The press would have a field day with this thing. I watched Pumping Iron a few weeks ago and there is Arnold after one of his shows puffing the magic dragon. He has admitted to steroid use and women have accused him of harrassment.
    I am a Republican so don't take this as a flame. Arnold would be torn to pieces from a PR standpoint. Plus let's face the facts - he is a hollywood actor with less than a year of political experience under his belt. Let's at least let him prove he can turn around California before making him President.

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I have to dive in here and note that people around here are talking about amending the Constitution like it's done every day. Do you realize what it takes to get the Constitution amended? Not only does an amendment have to pass both houses of Congress, but then, it goes to the states, where it has to be ratified by the voters of 2/3 of the states (34 to be exact). It's a very difficult, time-consuming process...and it was designed by the Framers to be that way so that it couldn't be amended on a whim.

To put it in perspective, if you take away the original 10 amendments (Bill of
    Rights), the Constitution has only been amended 17 times in 215 years. That's how difficult it is to do it. I just have a hard time thinking that the
    original document is going to be changed just to accomodate Arnold, when
    you consider that it couldn't be amended for the likes of Henry Kissinger.