The Golden Age of LSU Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Nov 21, 2016.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

And we shouldn't give up.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This is correct. The unfortunate piece is there is just no way to tell who the right coach is. It's all a gamble and you just hope for the best.

3. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

We will be back. To much talent in the state not to be. We just need the right coach. Look at it this way we are not some no name school who lost their big gun coach. This is a coveted job and we will find a fit and we will be back. Probably sooner than most think.

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Of course, if Saban leaves Alabama (dies) , that makes everything that much easier!

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Saban is never going to die. The devil is afraid of a takeover

6. Iololike

Iololike Freshman

My guess is 2018 at the earliest too

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

FIFY

uscvball likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The Golden Age of LSU football is still the age of what could have been. You could make the case that LSU was the best team in the country in 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012. Had we had a coach that was worth a fuck we would probably have the hardware to back that up. Miles left at least 2 championships on the table maybe 3.

Kal-El012, tirk and shane0911 like this.
  9. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Come on, man. Who recruited and led the teams that were oh-so-close and - your words - the possible best team in NCAA all those years? That is not what LSU looks like with a coach that "isn't worth a fuck."

Do you know what LSU looks like with coaches that aren't worth a fuck? Try most of the 80s and all of the 90s.

Every team - even Bama (allowing the kick-six??) - has years of "what might have been." Look at Bobby Bowden with like 12 Top 5 finishes but only two titles. Look at Pete Carroll blowing a late double-digit lead to Texas. Were they shitty coaches?

If a coach who wins a title and has his team in contention in multiple other years isn't worth a fuck because he didn't do even more, then only two contemporary coaches are worth a fuck (Saban, Meyer).

LSU must be the only fanbase that shits all over its most successful coach ever. A school with 3 titles in its 100+ year history can't believe it was stuck with a guy who won one of them and had the team in the big game a second time.

Mark it down, Les Miles will be elected to the NCAA Hall of Fame. You can go throw tomatoes at him then.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    TigerTap and didit like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm not taking away his ability to recruit, or his ability to be a leader of young men. I am saying that his game day coaching ability and ability to prepare his team's for their opponents and make adjustments is second to everyone. He will probably make the hall of fame but let's be honest. He never could have built this program, he left championships on the table and lucked his way into the only one he had. LSU started going downhill the more he got involved. You're probably right though I was probably too harsh with the worth a fuck comment it was meant as game day, adjustments, preperation, time management etc.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016