The Golden Boot

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 24, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

In two days, LSU will play its "rivalry" game with Arkansas. The winning team will win the most treasured trophy in college football - THE GOLDEN BOOT!!!!

This is a trophy that is VERY coveted by not only the players and coaches of each team, but perhaps moreso by the fans of each team! Heck, even fans of other college football teams around the nation LOVE this trophy! After all, this rivalry between LSU and Arkansas is HUGE and a win carries along with it a LOT of bragging rights!!!!

[​IMG]

<end sarcasm>

2. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Oh YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! From day one, this is the date that ALL tiger fans mark on their calender. This is one of the fiercest rivalries in collegeg football. Army v Navy not even close. AU vs. Bama is mere child's play. Ohio St. v. Michigan pales in comparison.

This is it, the day of reckoning. WE MUST PROTECT THIS BOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :po: :angryfire :po: :angryfire :po:

:dis: :dis:

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You can keep the trophy, I just want to see LSU wipe that sh!t eating grin off of Nuttless's face.
    [​IMG]

4. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Too funny. :rofl:

5. Cat Squirrel

Cat Squirrel Founding Member

No Doubt.......We must Protect this Boot!!!!!! LMAO

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Hey, the rivalry foundation is there. We play at the end of the year, we play on a special, reserved date (Friday after Thanksgiving), we have a trophy (you may make fun of it, but it's a lot better than some out there, and some big rivalries don't even have a trophy) and it fits the mold of a "Border War" similar to Ohio State/Michigan. But rivalries take time to build up, and this one needs a little gas on the fire. I think it'll come. A few more bitter contests with a lot riding on them (like the 2002 game that decided the SEC West), some spectacular finishes, and maybe a bench-clearing brawl or two and it'll be on.

Due to the thuggish direction that Houston Nutt's player development has taken in recent years, it's only a matter of time before we get the latter, IMHO.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Also, it may not have taken root yet down in BR and Cajun Country, but this game is a BIG DEAL in North Louisiana and south Arkansas, where Hog and Tiger fans must somehow live together and eeek out an uneasy co-existance.

If I hear "woo pig soooey" one more time I'm not responsible for what may occur. :po:

8. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I vote for the Golden Whiskey Bottle or the Golden Keg.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

:) why not? Purdue and Indiana play for the Keg of Nails! ....then again, those northern boys probably wouldn't drink anyways :D

10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

This trophy is SO treasured that several years ago it was actually misplaced at LSU after we had won the thing and an all-out search was necessary to find it so it could be polished up and brought to the next showdown...

TRUE FREAKIN' STORY, BOYS & GIRLS....