The good, bad, ugly vs Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 15, 2018.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Is Geaux spelled goeaux? You are saying O O, sounds like uh oh.

2. lsu-i-like

You disagree with me so I know I’m right.

TheRealist and GiantDuckFan like this.
  3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

The offense looked good. LSU won TOP, total yards, and first downs. I don't remember more than one or two three and outs. So even if the drive didn't end in a score, we consistently moved the chains. I think the offense will only get better.

4. lsu-i-like

There were a good amount of clutch completions.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Good:

LSU won in a hostile environment, in the SEC at a place they rarely win.

LSU doesn’t have a tailback problem (good call before the season started @LSUpride123 )

We seem to have a Jefferson that doesn’t suck.

The offensive line stepped the fuck up against one of the best front 7’s in college football and our Quarterback gave them all the love in the post game.

Special teams is loads better.

We upgraded at QB that’s always a good thing.

Bad:

Penalties, the only reason Auburn was even in that game was because LSU kept allowing them to stay in with stupid penalties. Some warranted, some not, officiating was bad.

Ugly:

The look on Auburn’s faces as time expired. Lol, suck it Aubbie.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

See, this is an example of where your style is off putting. Why do you start this post off in attack mode? “Wrong as usual “ just begins your point in a demeaning fashion and immediately puts the person on the defensive. It’s just not needed. I agree with some of your points, and disagree with many. Just like with @lsu-i-like . He’s a good dude, good poster, but I don’t agree 100% with him, nor him with me, but we keep it classy and friendly. You need to tone it down and not be so contentious. You can make your points without blasting others. This is a message board not a single opinion board. Show some respect for others opinions.

Herb, TheRealist, gynojunkie and 8 others like this.
  7. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

The good
    The Defense and the offense pass blocking
    Joe Burrows poise late in the fourth quarter
    Our receivers are growing up. Converting on third downs. No turnovers. We have a fg kicker.

The bad
    Questionable offensive play calling that had us having to convert on a couple of 4th downs. Fake punt called early in the third.

The ugly

Penalties we can’t keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

Overall the good out weighs the bad and the ugly.

LSU_4_LIFE and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Really good points. Big picture, play calling is much better than in the CLM era in that we’re passing not just on 3rd down. Having said that, I didn’t love all of the play calls. Running Burreaux on 3rd down, then having to convert the 4th down in the 4th quarter is one example. I think your summary here is spot on.

9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Offense came out swinging and looked good. We finished the 1st half with back to back three & outs. 2nd half opened up threw 2 quick passes both for 1st downs then stalled out. Had 3 more 3 & outs (5 total for the game).

Offense grew up a lot yesterday in that game and we got a chance to test it up against a great defense, what works, what we need to work on. The quick passing game is critical to back teams up from the LOS and it looked good. I’m ok with some QB runs but not a fan of doing it against 7 man fronts on critical 3rd downs. We did it twice I think.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I didn't like the call to run Burrow on 3rd and long either at the time but since we made the first down on the next play the strategy worked. I personally would have called for some kind of pass to get the first down.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.