The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly -- Louisiana Monroe

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Sep 14, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not too bad, so far, there seems to be more focus there. They just keep missing a lot of blocks and aren't really dominating the line. With Washington and Pocic ready to come in at any position, there is incentive for a starting offensive lineman to play smarter.

Pintoracer and LSUDad like this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, it's that close, who would have thought?

GregLSU likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its pretty statistically skewed with the lack of attempts by AJ

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

LF has what it takes to be a great back if he keeps working hard to improve. He has a much all around talent as any young freshman back I've seen except for maybe Peterson and Marcus Dupre. It's his all around ability that is going to make him special.

Hershel was a natural physical specimen that ran over people & hardly ever made people miss. His vision & cutting ability weren't great.

Bo was another Physical specimen who had the best combination of power & explosion that I've ever seen & was perfect in a wishbone offense with the ocassional I formation set.

LF isn't going to wow the way those guys did, they were one of a kind backs that come along very seldom. Fournette will be a very, very good all around back who will be better in college at returning kicks & receiving. He would touch their rushing numbers but his all purpose yards might set a record.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Not sure I'd have him returning kicks at all

Pintoracer likes this.
  6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Let Williams get some open field steam going and see who can bring him down.

islstl likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

A little ball of hate you say?

Could be. I know this, if T. White keeps trying to jump on bouncing balls at the last damn minute for some unknown idiotic reason it is going to cost this team, probably at the worst possible moment too. I have seen him do it more than once and why the infirmary isn't trying to dig Bradley Dales shoe from his 5th point of contact is beyond me.

red55, furduknfish, LSUDad and 2 others like this.
  8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I don't mind him fielding those bouncing balls at all as long as they bounce at least to waist level. You never get hit hard on those plays as the defenders don't have a head of steam and it can save us a boat load of yards.

And I would definitely have LF returning kicks, but never punts.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

OBJ must've taught Tre a thing or 2 about fielding punts. Makes me nervous.

I'm still curious about this whole Dewayne Thomas Rashard Robinson angle we discussed before. Has Thomas passed Robinson on the depth chart?

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Chief and Corey Raymond are getting someone's attention. Jalen Collins has been playing well also. Thomas is playing the part of TM7 at times, an doing well.