The Good, The Bad & The Ugly--Mississippi State

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Sep 21, 2014.

1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I agree. Two TE, I formation has Miles fingerprints all over it.

My guess is, he gives Cam marching orders about what he wants to do offensively/ or how he wants to win ---

With a great defense
    Awesome Special Teams
    Don't turn it over on Offense
    Win the game late

So, it looks like Cam is doing what any of us would do... exactly what our boss wants.

It's CLM's neck on the line.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Why? Cameron has run the I-formation before and used fullbacks in the pros.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It has Bo Shembechler's footprints all over it

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not with QBs whose skillset was the spread and read option and who had never gotten comfortable under center he didn't

furduknfish likes this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

My eyes.

6. J Smoove

J Smoove Veteran Member

NEVER is a long time.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You all have no clue how I make judgments on whether I like a coach or not. You also must assume that my opinion is as immutable as yours...maybe you should open your eyes.

To say CLM sucks with the record he has is a blind statement and only expresses Shane's and your reasonless hatred of him. You and others find the smallest faults and expand them to catastrophic proportions. To bitch and moan in the face of the performance we have seen reduces your arguments to nothing. My point is you and the others who hate him have never liked him and never given him an honest evaluation. You all NEVER got it.

You assume I will never change my mind...well my friend that makes an ass out of you but not me. As I noted in my first comment about the game I see a change in the way CLM is leading that he doesn't have the fire he did when hired. I also said he needed to look within himself and find it; that changing coaches etc was not the issue as much as putting the "want" back into the team. I see since 2011 his record and the quality of play has dropped. This year is very troubling. Unlike you I think his past shows he has the tools to turn it around.

Unlike the past he doesn't have much time. Look at Gene Chizak...probably Muschamp & Brady Hoke and others at high demand high profile schools. A coach has a few years at best to gain or regain the expected level. If LSU continues to slide it will be time to replace him.

Unlike you I hope he does succeed and will be happy when he does as he has shown to be a very good coach and a very very good man. If he succeeds you, Shane, Kal-El and the other dogs nipping at his heels will be devastated. I also doubt you'll be any more satisfied with his replacement.

titoabad1, StaceyO, GregLSU and 4 others like this.
  8. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

It's gone from the much overused "class act" to the he's a "very very good man". He is not a "very very good man", as evidenced by his mistreatment of several players over the years. All while he gives/gave other players, such as Jefferson, a free pass, rushing to put his sublar a** back on the field, even after he screwed up off the field.

There's a list of players who while they would not speak the truth publicly, rest assured that they hold deep disdain, all of which being overly justified, for the a*shat that is Les Miles.

Myself, and the many others who share the same sentiments towards Miles, do not HATE HIM. We hate the subpar product that he puts on the field. From the often unthinkable mismanagement of the clock, to the many other constant blunders he displays, we have given him chances. He's just repeatedly screwed up every chance given.

And for you to think he has the "tools" to turn it around. You are right about one thing, he is a huge tool.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

You just called Miles an asshat, but you claim not to hate him? In another thread today, someone noted that Miles DOES throw his players under the bus, mentioning that he did that to JJ after the Ole Miss game in '09. Yet, you state that he mistreated players in favor of JJ.

Which is it?

If you hate him, at least own up to it like Shane does. By the way, list the players who hate Miles but won't say so. Please.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The guy is a troll, Stacey. He doesn't come to talk football he only comes to hate on Les. His act is getting old.