The Good, The Bad & The Ugly--Mississippi State

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Sep 21, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

To add to the ugly that Mississippi State Center should be suspended for 5 games.

gyver, GregLSU, Jopry and 2 others like this.
  2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Meanwhile Cam Robinson is collapsing the entire left side of the field and giving Yeldon and Henry 10 yrd defender free zones to run openly.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

LOL My girl said last night, "OMG, he has so many tattoos you can't see what color he is anymore". I agree tho, but I would say the rest of the season. 4 games for the 1, but he did it to 2 players.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I love that his replacement almost cost them the game.

red55 and StaceyO like this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Went to the game and found it hard to believe my eyes...MSU deserves credit they took the fight to LSU like we have done to so many others over the past 15+ years. Don't degrade them by saying they are a second class team...no I'm not predicting they will win the SECW or anything close but they will be a tough out for everyone and more than a few in the division will lose to them as well.

Now what I saw from LSU was disheartening and most of the specific criticism's that have been written over the last 20+ hours have some validity (except those Les, Welter or AJ haters who will take this to a fair the well). We came out passive on both sides of the ball. We didn't give up but seem to have the expectation that because we are LSU the opponent will just roll over.

What I take from this and the previous games is that we are at a cross roads. I think Les has been complacent. I like Les and think he is a great coach. Like previous coaches including Bear Bryant after some time you become stale and that falls on the team. Remember Bear's 1969 & 70 teams were weak? Bear took stock and realized change was needed. He went to Texas and learned the Wishbone changed everything and won national titles again.The same thing happened to Charley Mac (a very good but not great coach) and he couldn't adjust as well.

Les has to find the fire he had before. It isn't so much as finding the right assistants as it is putting a fire under them and the team. He can't be as much uncle Les the buddy but put a want to win and anger and edge to them.

It isn't X's & O's, or tactics or coaches so much as it is desire and fight and will to be the best that determines victory. It isn't enough to not give up and fight to the end it is imposing your will on the other team we need....That starts with the head coach. Les needs to look with in his heart and find the edge he had when he came to LSU and said F**K Bama. That edge fueled one of the greatest eras in LSU history.

gyver, 1BIGTIGER, ParadiseiNC and 5 others like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You did watch the game right? I don't know how much more trying to impose his will you wanted to see. It was clear at 4th and goal from the 1 in the first quarter that LSU wasn't going to run on that front. God damned they didn't give up on it though. That little Bo Schembecler bobble head in Les' office probably had a Lil smirk of pride on its face.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Freggin kharma @ furduknfish. You done it mo fo.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Thanks for almost making me choke on the beverage I'm consuming.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Deserves got nuthin to do with it.

10. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member