The Good, The Bad & The Ugly--Mississippi State

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Sep 21, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Hey Winston, Les Miles sucks!

Winston1 and Eliminator55 like this.
  2. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

Thanks for keepin it real. It's nice to have another forum member so concisely putting forth this long overdue truth.

Winston will NEVER get it.

3. Eliminator55

Who are we kidding? Red's not only drinking the kool-aid, he's got an an IV drip pumping that kool-aid right in. It's probably reasonable to assume that such behavior will not be altered, for then he would see the light.

That light, harsh as it is, would just crush him. So, I guess his current state is satisfactory. Those like him, need not know. Bliss is where it's at, I guess.

Excuse me as I make an attempt to obtain the same state of bliss/denial. There is but an inkling within telling me that all such attempt(s) will fail, and miserably so.

Oh, dang it, to be stuck in this reality, Les Miles' reality/hell.

It's a great thing that I enjoy the game in general, especially the SEC matchups.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  4. Eliminator55

Really, Red? I think we all assumed that being "a fine 4th-quarter team" is truly the recipe for winning games.

[face palm]

The denial of some...

Bengal B likes this.
  5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Until Saban landed in Birmingham, the 4th Qtr is where Bama lost most of its games.

red55 likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You show up only after losses to bitch and moan, chief. Pardon me if I ignore you.

Winston1 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

So four players in 10 years who, in your opinion, have underperformed is a problem?

And Randle is starting for the NY Giants, correct?

Collins will be drafted this year (we don't know where, yet), and Fournette is four games in, and he's a bust?

titoabad1, Winston1, LSUDad and 2 others like this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You only show up after losses to make inflammatory comments. We know a troll when we see one.

ParadiseiNC and GregLSU like this.
  9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Look, Stacey, I respect your opinion and commitment. I'm not a Miles basher typically, but some of the negativity lately does have merit. The game plans amongst OCs under CLM, to me, seem to waste talent on that side of the ball, and are very predictable. This is my personal frustration w/CLM. IMO, he is too involved in the offensive game planning. It's really quite clear. As a result, RR, KW, RS, LC, and, so far, LF - all 5* recruits on the offensive side of the ball - have underwhelmed while at LSU. The fact that RR is in the NFL, and LC will likely be drafted is validation that they are not being used to their potential at LSU, IMO. RS likely was just overrated, but not the others. Yes, TTurner, MoCl, and Hester were all 3*s that have "overachieved" and made it to the NFL - or just were late bloomers. Still, doesn't detract that top talent hasn't met their potential here in multiple examples, and almost all on the offensive side. Brockers, TM7, and Mingo were 4*'s, I believe, and have in common that they are on the defensive side - the side that CLM seems to stay out of more. I realize that last comment is my perception, and I don't know that for sure, but there is little doubt in my mind that his fingerprints are much more on the offensive game planning, and it is offensive (pun intended).

If we are going to point out other 5*s not making it on other teams (mentioned by other posters, not you, Stacey), we should also mention that we aren't the only ones to develop 3* and below talent. For example, JJWatts and Clay Matthews were both walk-ons. And there are countless other examples.

10. Eliminator55

We know a person in chronic denial when we see one.