The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly -- Wisconsin game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Aug 31, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If Hawkins stays this year he will likely move to left tackle. If he leaves for the NFL, I suspect Pocic will be the next left tackle.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. J Smoove

J Smoove Veteran Member

Did he ever pressure the QB? I was expecting a monster game from him playing in his hometown.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. red55

I expected a monster game from the whole team. I guess we'll have to settle for monster quarter.

StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, that's his spot. After a good year there, a great shot to get drafted in the top two rounds. So much depends on Vadal Alexander, if he stays helps. I see Boutte having a shot playing. But still a year off.

5. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

Lately, it's becoming almost a fact of life that this coaching staff doesn't seem prepared for what hits them in the first half, like they're standing around asking each other, "What game is this? It seems somewhat familiar, but I can't put my finger on it," and can't adjust quickly in the first 30 minutes, leaving them to play catchup in the second half. It makes it more gripping, but what the hell's wrong with putting the game away in the first half? I like blowouts. It's fun to watch LSU dominate, but they play up to the level of their opponent, as evidenced by some of the so called "easy" games, where a lesser team show has shown up and schooled them up in the first half, then LSU gets a talking to in the locker room, and comes back to win. If this team has the ability, play like it, dammit!

6. red55

We won that game because we were deeper and better conditioned. That is a good thing. We actually make halftime adjustments that work. That is another good thing. Better to be a second-half team than a first-half team, I think.

Pintoracer, LSUDad, Bengal B and 2 others like this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Les and the staff finish games, the other night you could see the momentum change, from there, the pressure was on Wisconsin. You have to play till the final horn. Moffitt's plan is to still have it in the 4th quarter. They were up and tried to coast, not make mistakes. When you do this, it comes back to bite you. The staff likes to see what a team is showing, match it, adjust what's needed. "The Tortoise and the Hare."

StaceyO, Perple, red55 and 1 other person like this.