Republicans The GOP's Presidential Candidates

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 28, 2015.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Absolutely a relationship of convenience although Hillary's "on the side" could have been men or women I suppose. At this point, why split up? They don't have to divide assets, share a house, or even take vacay together.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For some reason women voters like her. You should write the headlines for the Enquirer.... Hil and Huma roast Wiener over a hummer.

Seriously, I have heard that the headline and story writers for those tabloids are very well paid. I have driven by their headquarters in Lantana, FL and it seems not only the Enquirer but many of the other tabloids are all in the same building.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So you think those pics of them vacationing in the Hamptons together are photoshopped?:D

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Want proof?
    [​IMG]

upload_2015-7-6_15-22-13.jpeg

And just where did they get this information?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

What's a waste is some of the legit immigration commentary coming from the Donald.

"The killing of a woman at a sightseeing pier has brought criticism down on this liberal city because the Mexican man under arrest was in the U.S. illegally, had been deported five times and was out on the streets after San Francisco officials disregarded a request from immigration authorities to keep him locked up.

San Francisco is one of dozens of cities and counties across the country that do not fully cooperate with federal immigration authorities. The city goes so far as to promote itself as a "sanctuary" for people in the country illegally.

In a jailhouse interview with a TV station, Francisco Sanchez, the 45-year-old repeat drug offender arrested in the shooting Wednesday of Kathryn Steinle, appeared to confirm that he came to the city because of its status as a sanctuary."

He was rightly critical of San Francisco officials but that got lost.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Who is doing the raping Don?? Maybe he went there because that's his name?

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

And why did it get lost? Because The Donald may be a successful land shark but he is a inept politician. A message gets lost when you wrap it in controversial and decisive rhetoric. Smart politicians know this.

Other people have said the same things about immigration as Trump did but managed to smooth out the stereotypes and fear mongering that puts people off.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Well, yeah.....I said he was a moron and an idiot and that I'd never vote for him. Donald aside, the immigration topic is difficult in terms of addressing the serious downside without the activists overreacting and claiming racism. I see kids cutting school to march in the street with a Mexican flag several days a year, but a white kid wearing a T-shirt with an American flag on the 5th of May is against the law.

LSUDad and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It is difficult, but I think it begins by drawing much better distinctions between Mexican foreign nationals and Hispanic Americans, be they citizens or legal residents. Much political rhetoric against the one hits the other unnecessarily. The situation also requires getting rid of the term "undocumented immigrant" which helps blur distinctions that are important. There are legal immigrants and guest workers, who abide by the laws and there are illegal aliens who do not. Of course it requires an effort not to say racist shit when discussing matters of border security, immigration policy, etc. But it must include an effort not to turn any discussion of same into unwarranted racial sensitivity.

Easier said than done.

Trump may be right when he says that if we don't have a border, we don't have a country. Politicians who stick to that message without complaining about Mexican crime, Mexican language, Mexican culture, and everything else they don't like about Mexicans might be able to accomplish something without the distractions.

Against the law? . . . or against a California school's PC rule? Hard to see this happening in Alabama or North Dakota, but it is ridiculous anywhere.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I agree with all with the exception regarding crime committed by illegals, even "guest workers". Why shouldn't we complain when so many are repeat offenders, both in terms of border crossing and crimes? Donald's language wasn't the most sensitive but violent crime and frankly, repeat drunk driving, is a huge issue in CA and it deserves complaining.

Law.

"In a unanimous, three-judge decision, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals sided with the Morgan Hill Unified School District, which had argued that a history of problems on the Mexican holiday justified the Live Oak High School administrators' decision to act against the flag-wearing students.

Live Oak officials ordered the students to either cover up the U.S. flag shirts or go home, citing a history of threats and campus strife between Latino and Anglo students that raised fears of violence on the day the school was highlighting Cinco de Mayo. The school's actions were reasonable given the safety concerns, which outweighed the students' First Amendment claims, the court concluded"

I find it laughable that the 5th of May is described as a Mexican holiday. Most folks in Mexico don't look at it that way, just one small region. At the end of the day, the Mexican flag is allowed, and the American flag isn't.