Republicans The GOP's Presidential Candidates

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 28, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

yeah thats it

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Let's face it, democrats have won the last 2 presidential elections because Obama was able to get people out to vote. If the percentage of Americans that voted was around the 70-80 percent range republicans would get ass raped every time. So the strategy is to disenfranchise, to keep people from voting. Hey let's lock more minorities up on bogus felonious charges to take their votes away as well.

It's amazing that you repubs are here like some ostriches with your heads in the sand. Your party has to depend on tricks, misinformation, gerrymandering, fear mongering, and flat out lies to be relevant. FACT.

Meanwhile the rest of us are left with the shitty democrats who just aren't even remotely as evil or bad for this country as their counterparts are but still suck pretty badly.

Politics in America sucks.

red55 likes this.
  3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

there are definitely some challenges, but if I've learned anything from following politics it's that this type of stuff ebbs and flows monthly or even weekly. No one is so entrenched in any position that they won't swivel 180 degrees to get a vote so I think it's unrealistic to think that the entire party is moving down a path that prevents them from winning. they'll adapt and give themselves a chance. I just hope they do it with a centrist and not one of the idiots. Up until 4 years ago I was a life long republican but I will not vote for Jindal, Perry or Cruz. I just won't.

4. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I never said they alone caused democrats to be elected, but they certainly helped. If they had truly reported on Obama's radical background, lack of experience and voting present to their viewers instead of slobbering and having thrills run up their legs, it would have been much, much closer. Brokaw and Rose blithering over Obama and then admitting they know nothing about him just proves my point. If you don't think that Americans wouldn't have been pissed if all of the media covered the association with Reverend "GD" America Wright and the other radical associations you are just sticking your head in the sand.

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Things do change quickly in politics; you are correct about that. Both parties have their wing-nut division so it's not like the Dems don't have Michael Moore and Al Sharpton; but at least in recent elections it seems the left has done a better job of containing their nuts. I share your desire to see a centrist nominated on the Republican party so we can have a real choice but based on the current course I'm not holding my breath either. I have voted for Barry both times, for George W both times, Clinton on his second run and George Sr. before that, so......I'm not unwilling to vote for a Republican but I have to truly feel he/she is the best option.

6. mobius481

I agree. The dems have slowed the rolls of the extremists better lately. Having said that, when it comes to the presidential nominations, if you look at the two that ran against Obama, McCain and Romney, both were more rational and centrists than their opponents in the primaries. I'm hoping that trend continues and the reality is, the main competitiros, Jeb, Romney, Christie, and even Rand, aren't part of the far right.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

As he lies to himself once again . . .

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Funny how they have been much less cozy with the fundamentalists lately (other than our dumbass governor). You will see them drop more cherished positions that fly in the face of the 21st century. Else, their "base" will shrink still further.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  9. mobius481

So Romney won't run apparently. I never liked him anyway.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

See, on one hand you are calling out the liberal media for bringing up a bunch of stuff about Romney, and on the other doing the exact same thing to Obama. That's pretty hypocritical.