the greatest LSU game i've witnessed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigernut4, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

For me, the 97' Florida game was the wildest ride ever at a college football game.

I've been going to LSU games for a long time and I've never experienced electricity like that before.

3. bpell

bpell Guest

My all time favorite is LSU victory over NOTRE Dame in 1971. I was in the navy stationed at Great Lakes north of Chicago. Everyone on the base wanted to watch Wisconsin and some other dweeb team. I ended up taking the train down to Chicago and caught the game in a Notre Dame pub. ND was favored. Bert Jones tore em apart. Every time ABC put up a bubble (ie: Notre Dame hasnt been scored on in the third quarter since 1200 BC) WHAM --Jones to Hamilton in the end zone. It was fantastic. I strained my jaw muscles to keep from screaming because I feared for my life in that pub. After the game, I walked out whistling the tiger fight song (and watching my back).

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Great story bpell.

One of my first games (as an LSU student) was the 1988 LSU/Auburn Earthquake game. I'll never forget it.

As TFA said, the electricity at the '97 UF game was incredible too.

More recently, I loved the 2000 Tennessee game that went into overtime. Rohan had been playing on 1 leg throughout the 2nd half. He limped off the field after each series. Then the TD pass on the first play of OT. It was great.

And you can't discount last year's SECCG. Rohan out. Toefield out. Backups steal the show!

5. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

I'll go with LSU-USC 1979, as well as some of the other choices mentioned, and also LSU-FSU 1982.

But I do think the '79 USC team might be the greatest team to ever play in Tiger stadium, and the before, during, and after of that game is unlike anything I can remember.

6. LSUJake

LSUJake Guest

The '97 Florida Game take the cake

I have to agree with Brett, the '97 Florida Game was awesome. I was a student and from start to finish the electricity was flowing out of Tiger Stadium. I attended the Earthquake game with my parents and remember how loud it got that night, but I had never been in Tiger Stadium when it was so loud, so long, as in the 97 Florida matchup. I was one of the many fans who rushed the field that night and it was a feeling like nothing I felt before. Pure elation!

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

It's so hard to pick one but the '97 Florida has to be the pick for me, especially with the SEC streak they had at the time. GameDay being there almost made it divine and we shut up Corso that night.

My first game as a student was the 12-6 victory over Auburn in '95 and that may be my second. Tiger Stadium was alive for the first time in awhile again and we were falling all over the place when Twillie made the last second pick.

The Tennessee, Miss St., and BAMA home games in Saban's first year have to be the best three games in one season I've ever been to, although I had trouble enjoying BAMA until the final whistle blew.

Favorite road games attended were LSU over Auburn 31-19 before everything fell apart (we were briefly #6), LSU over BAMA 26-0, and LSU's first Independence Bowl over Saban. I'm sure most of you would vote for the SEC Championship and Sugar Bowl from last year (wish I could have been there). Could you hear me yelling from miles away?

8. ronboo

ronboo Guest

Best Game in Tiger Stadium

It's a tie between Ole Miss 1969 and ND 1971.

9. TundraTiger

TundraTiger Founding Member

That Auburn game

I'm surprised someone mentioned that 12-6 Auburn game. That was a very electric night and it is rarely mentioned in great LSU football games. That was when DiNardo was DiNardeaux and National Championships were in our immediate future. Then we flippity floppitied- Oh well, look at us now!

Geaux Tigers

I remember EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE!!!!!!!!!

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

LSU over Ole Miss 17-16, Bert Jones to Brad Davis. 1 second on the clock!!

Texastiger#1