The greatest president and the worst

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rwilliams, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Who do you think was the greatest president since the civil war and who was the worst? As you have seen on some of my other post in other threads I think Ronald Reagan was the best. He is truly an American hero and I respect him more than any other president but Washington and Jefferson. Wilson and Carter are my two worst. Wilson started the progressive movement and for that he sucks. Carter was the most pathetic president ever. Weak and pathetic. Even Obama has more balls than that fairy worm. What's your take?

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Best: Lincoln (Close 2nd: Jefferson)
    Worst: Buchanan (Close 2nd: Hoover)

Of course Lincoln's accomplishments didn't really resonate until years later, but Buchanan pretty much ****ed the country and guaranteed Civil War and needless bloodshed in this country's bloodiest and most costly war.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

What about post civil war. After Lincon. Or really 1900 on

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Worst, hmm I'd probably have to go with Woodrow Wilson followed very closely by Carter and barry when this is all said and done.

Best, C'mon do you really need to ask. We ALL know it is Reagan!

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Enter LaSalle in 3....2.....1

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

The real question is...will Obama top Carter as the worst ever?

It's pretty close right now.

Ultimately I believe B.O. will win out. Carter was/is a complete idiot but I believe he has a good heart. I can't say the same with Obama.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Obama has more guts than Carter. He has used drones to kill terrorist in pakastan and other places. He put more troops in afganastan. He isn't nearly as week as Carter. As far as on the homefront he's as close to communist as we have seen since Wilson and fdr. Fdr was a great war time leader though. Barry isn't nearly the complete weak sissy gay lil chickenshizt that Carter was. My wife is tougher than Carter was. Mrs. Clinton probably has bigger balls than Carter. He was the perfect little union stool pigeon.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Lasalle hates Reagan. I know it's hard to understand why but he does. He probably thinks Carter was a great sensitive leader

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'll save him the trouble. Here it is

blah blah blah, he didn't like pot. blah blah blah smoking dope is worse than radiation, blah blah smoking dope makes you stupid... errrrr, uh wait, what was that last part?

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There are a lot of comparisons, some by historians, some by political scientists and some by popular opinion. They are remarkably more similar than different.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States]Historical rankings of Presidents of the United States[/ame]

Historians consider Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, and Franklin D. Roosevelt the three best presidents by a wide margin and William Henry Harrison, Warren G. Harding, Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, and James Buchanan the worst.

Public polls are more influenced by the post-WWII presidents that people actually remember. Bush 43, Carter and Nixon lead the worst, while Kennedy, Clinton, and Truman lead the best.

Personally, I think Bush 43 was the worst and Lincoln the best.