The greatest president and the worst

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rwilliams, Mar 25, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You spout that drivel and say I don't have a clue? I don't give a f who Red voted for. And if you don't think Reagan was racist then you are a damned idiot. I'm the one who is brainwashed?? You guys a comical, thanks for the daily laugh.

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I used to watch the news with my dad as a kid. When Carter was president and Iran had the hostages I remember my dad cursing Jimmy as weak and pathetic. I remember Reagan becoming president and dad saying finally we have a real leader in the whitehouse. Reagan was president throughout my highschool years. I admired him greatly then and have been a republican since. After the carter mess I have always seen democrats as weak. To this day I still see things the same way.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

A fair point indeed sir, I would also add that it is quite easy to call good/bad long after the fact and the consequences of decisions made long ago have had time to bear upon us. Hind sight 20/20 so to speak. I would however counter with a good does of history would allow someone to make a decent judgement according to ones beliefs, standards, and over all well being of the country for any given time.

4. shane0911

1. Drivel is what leaks out of your pie hole after one too many bong hits.

2. It is quite clear that you wouldn't even know where to find a clue.

3. You are the lead ass kisser in the house of rouge

4. I do not think Reagan was a racist

5. You (I love this because I get to use some of his mentor magic on him) cannot give me one instance of him being a racist [ do not come in here with that war on drugs crap either. I'll swat it away like D. Howard]

6. I never said you were brainwashed, that would require you to have a brain. Please refrence the labotomy scar comment in another thread.

aww hell I guess I'll help you out. That means your frontal lobe oh darn, you won't know what that is either .... oh never mind skippy. Go find your self a nice copy of Journey's greatest hits.:yelwink2:

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Reagan was white. To many liberals, that is enough to make you racist.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

:rofl:

hope you feel better now. probably gave you a little stiffy didn't it? "look maw, i's done insulted someone on da internet, yar yar yar."

7. shane0911

Supa was being nice, you may in fact be 12

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Then he got caught trading TOW missiles illegally to the Iranians and using the money to fund the Contra's, also illegally. Reagan was not a saint and he was not perfect.

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I understand why people hold Reagan in such high regard. I just don't understand how they can ignore his ****-ups which still affect us today.

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

He was a politician. We know all of them are liars. Reagan was not perfect.