The greatest president and the worst

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rwilliams, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Reps and dems have both moved to their respective extremes. Social issues have become too entwined with the fiscal responsibility of goverment. The time where social issues dominate politics are gone ( not for all but for many). Entitlements are the largest problem facing us today. Not the communist or terrorist but money. At the current rate of deficit spending we will be in the same situation as Greece in the not too distant future. Reps and dems seam to disagree on this. I do not understand how so many can get in front of a camera and say we have no money problems. "were not broke we have plenty of money". I have read that the total tax rate of 100% for every person and business wouldn't pay our national debt in a year. Our kids will have no social security , Medicare or any other entitlement safety net when they need it because of OUR greed. I don't know any other way to fix this other than to cut the goverment to the bare basics and close all the loopholes in the tax system. Why is it that every time a person tries to address entitlements in Washington they get demonized ? What will the history books say in a hundred years about how the united states died due to the greed of the politicans that we elected? This is very sad and way too many people can't see the writing on the wall.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Look, I agree, there are people out there who abuse the system. There are also doctors, lots of them, who abuse the system. Making cuts to medicare/medicaid would be ok, if it were cuts made to eliminate waste. Not to just completely diminish it. There are tons of old people who depend on medicare, and now the government is going to give them a coupon for 20 bucks off with a private insurer? This isn't the sizzler. We are talking about human beings here.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It has nothing to do with philosophy or knowlege. It's just that it's pretty obvious that you're an a$$h0le. I have a sense for picking up on things like that.

1 person likes this.
  4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The GOP talks like they're far right, but their actions? Fiscally they're just as liberal an any Democrat in office. Socially, they're conservative as long as they're running for election.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Not us Tea Partiers. We wants you libs to gets a job.