The Greatest Win since we beat . . .

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

the hell out of the British at The Battle of New Orleans in 1815!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

I want to express my heartfelt appreciation to the young men of the LSU Fighting Tiger football team for the great win.

Thanks to the coaches, too!!

2. Pitkin Tiger

Pitkin Tiger Founding Member

The difference is this battle will count

in the overall war...When we whipped the British at New Orleans the war was over for a couple of weeks already. Boy, speedy communication has certainly changed in the last couple of hundred years huh! This win will rank right up there with the all-time great wins in LSU history, especially if it leads to greater things as the season progresses. In '97 we let down after beating Florida...but in '97 we didn't have Nick for HC.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

The reality is . . .

that the British would have occupied and retained New Orleans as a Crown possession, had they won The Battle of New Orleans.

I don't mean to turn this thread into a history thread, but those who think that the British would have meekly relinquished New Orleans after winning the battle and taking the city are foolish.

"Excuse me, Mr. British Prime Minister, congratulations on capturing New Orleans, but you'll have to give it back to we Americans, because, technically, the war was over when you won the battle and captured the richest port city in North America."

British Prime Minister: "NOT!!"