The Guy You Loved To Hate Most

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by goldengirlfan, Jul 23, 2004.

1. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

How about Jaime Howard? :thumb:

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sutton, Coach K, Calhoun and Boeheim may or may not have been insane tyrants in the past but whether they were or were not they have all learned that players these days will take far less abuse and bullying than they would have in the past and all have learned to adapt to the times and changing world they live in. BK has not. College players today are far more likely to sign with a school where they like the coach. A perfect example of a coach who is liked by his players but who still maintains the necessary team discipline is Nick Saban. In the 21st Century the most successful college football coaches are all considered "players coaches." Saban, Pete Carroll and Bob Stoops will all give a player who screws up a second chance if the situation warrents it but they all know where to draw the line and put the hammer down if a player continues to screw up. In todays society even Bear Bryant would never get away with a brutal boot camp as depicted in the movie "The Junction Boys."

Bobby Knight molded his teams into championship form by instilling fear of him into his players. That tactic won't work any more. Coach K, Boeheim and others have learned that and have adapted accordingly. Bobby Knight either hasn't learned or he rufuses to change. Coach K will probably win another NCAA championship before he retires. Bobby Knight will never even get close again.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Jimy Williams up until July 14th, 2004 (Bastille Day.....he got stormed).

Now I have to pick a replacement.

Chris Berman on ESPN. Old, outdated, horrible voice, doesn't have anything new to say.
    John Madden on MNF. Old, outdated, horrible voice....oh wait, he is just a repeat of Berman.

4. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

How in the world is Tommy Tuberville not listed?

for all of Tubby's non-accomplishments, he has to be the biggest smart-ass in college football. Look at the actions of his players just at LSU games.

(a) Getting penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct BEFORE the kickoff.
    (b) His kickers coming out to warm up during halftime.
    (c) His kicker getting into a shoving match with an LSU band member.
    (d) Cigar Smoking and picture taking in Tiger Stadium after a win at LSU.

What a jackass.

5. Big Earl

Big Earl Founding Member

I HEARD THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Spurrier without a DOUBT the most hated gut in my book! With Flodida being the most hated team.

6. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

any manning...

7. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

I don't "love to hate" anyone ... but I do "delight to despise" anyone who ever played or coached for Tulane, i.e. Mack Brown. The only exception to that rule is S.J. Saia, the mid-70s LSU linebacker who originally played at Tulane, then realized his horrific mistake and came to LSU, where he started his life over and played well for the Tigers.

Steadman Shealy from Alabama was another of those 70s wishbone quarterbacks that LSU's defense could never figure out. Something about him irritated me.

How about John Fourcade? I guess I never "hated" him as much as I felt sorry for him. Signed with Ole Miss out of Shaw high school and then made some statement to the effect that he would never lose to LSU or Tulane, and then proceded to go something like 0-8 against both teams, played on 4 losing teams at Ole Miss, had an unfortunate pro career and when last heard of was coaching an arena team.

8. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Bear Bryant

Steve Superior

Bobby Knight

The blind refs that blew the 2 point conversion in the '59 Tenn. game that cost us a back to back NC!

The blind refs that missed the entire USC line move but called a nonexistent face mask on Benji Thibodeaux in '79!

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

By the way, Bobby Knight is Not the greatest college basketball coach ever. Have you ever heard of John Wooden, the Wizard of Westwood? 10 NCAA championships in 12 years will never be beaten.

10. edyel

edyel edyel

UK's basketball "hero" Kyle Macy. :po: