The History of LSU vs A&M(article link)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Jun 9, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Thought everyone would be interested in reading this especially some of the younger Tigers that may not have been following Tiger baseball in '89. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

AGGIE KILLERS!!!!! (link) :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Nice article... It's always good to know the history behind *rivalries* and most of us youngens don't know alot of it.

By the way, who is the chick in the "Tailgating LSU style!!!" picture??? Oh yea, and why is she in an icechest?

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I assume he meant to say USC. He should have added that they were flashy and high scoring against non SEC competition. As far as the 89 Aggies: I don't care how good you are at the plate. If you don't have pitching depth, you ain't gonna win the CWS. Ranking them #2 after they didn't make the CWS was typical human polling. F*** the results. The writers know who the best teams are. :cry: :cry:

4. TigerInTally

TigerInTally Founding Member

I believe the article was originally written in August 1998. And UCLA was probably the requisite Pac 10 media darling for the previous season and ended up blowing it in the final game of the season.

:geaux:

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Jordan Capri...and because she is so hot thats the only way to keep her cool!!!!! Besides who needs beer when you have an icechest full of her? :shock: :shock: :thumb: :thumb: :hihi: :hihi:

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Never mind. - Emily Litella. :redface:

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Not too sound like a jack a$$ :grin: But recognition and credibility with who?

Also when the frick was this written? this part of the article throws me off:

1999?

The moral to this article? You can still suck the life out of the fact a bunch of blow-hards ranked you #2 in the Nation after you didn't even make it to the Big Show. Sound familiar? :eek:

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

amongst their fans moreso than anyone. Kinda like their moment they truly believed they could forge a formidable baseball team....kinda like when we started to believe we had a winner in skip but minus the 5 national championships. other than that they look exactly the same to me. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: