The hurricanes up to their old tricks. Do not read if you dislike negative stuff.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerLifer3, Feb 6, 2003.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Who cares... (Not ripping you, thanks for the thread) but 90% of Miami fans are simple Bandwagoneers. 50-1 they are all Buc fans as well.

3. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

They made me sick. What have those Canes been smoking lately. The entire SEC is not on probation and we di not do anything wrong in our recruting. Larry Coker has won all of his games on the previous coaces recruites. I don't think his recruites have done anything yet in college. Miami was caught by the NCAA in 95.Here is a list of what they did.

IMPROPER FINANCIAL AID: institution awarded more than $412,000 in excessive aid as a result of improperly calculating off-campus room and board stipends; student-athletes received an average of $110 in impermissible books a semester; student-athletes were improperly compensated for employment. EXTRA BENEFITS: athletics department staff member helped student-athletes fraudulently receive a total of $212,969 in Pell Grants; cash awards to football student-athletes for game performance. ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT FAILED TO FOLLOW DRUG-TESTING POLICY. UNETHICAL CONDUCT. LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL.
    They have had 3 major violations in Football and we only have had one which was not that bad. Guess they can't face their past, can they.

4. EliteLSU1

EliteLSU1 Founding Member

I'm confused...

The first mark of a good college coach is to recruit. Has Mr. Coker recruited very well? Yes he did win a NC, but did he recruit any of those players. Yes Miami has had some great players, But did Coker turn them into this NFL machine? They can talk right now, but the truth is, If they are going to be any good two or three years from now then they better start with there new coach and his recruiting right now. And if Coker is such a great coach, how did he lose a NC that there was no way in hell that he should've lost.

If Miami really wants to gain the respect of any SEC school then they need to come play in a real conference week in and week out. Then let's see just how great they feel. A number of SEC schools would be undefeated if they played in that conference. Same as Florida State. They hide in that conference so they can get in the BCS every year, even with 4 losses. Come play with the big boys every week, get beat up every week, and get up every week for the same type talent every week and then and only then should you demand respect.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

All true EliteLSU. There's a lot of sour grapes over there. They are still smarting from losing the NC game and now "lowly" LSU takes players from them and outrecruits the entire State of Florida. They'd better get used to it. There's a new sheriff in town. Along that line:

A 3 legged dog limps into an old west saloon. He sidles up to the bar and says: "I'm looking for the man that shot my paw." :D

6. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I posted the comment below. It's not the best but it is facts. Maybe so...but if LSU played in the weak east our record will be reflected as well. When good things start to happen for your program, you always know your going in the right direction when folks/other fans are talking about you. When you are talking about us, your giving UF or FSU a break. We thank you for the attention!

7. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

chalk it up as ignorance....Miami fans are quick to forget they were playing in the MicronPC.com Bowl only a few years ago

8. What a bunch of punks