The I word

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mystikalilusion, May 31, 2005.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Thanks for the advice, but you say that as if I have any regard whatsoever for how I 'look'. I didn't know that replying to your snide comments offended you so badly, and necessitated horribly cliche' sarcasm in return.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I don't get "offended" by anything on an anonymous internet board, dude. Just a simple commentary on how ridiculous you look trying to always get the last word in, no matter how lame, that's all.

3. Contained Chaos

Oh, ok. So it's 'ridiculous' to reply to comments people make toward you? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't doing so kind of the objective of a forum? If you don't like me commenting back to you, don't say anything to me. If I cared about looking 'ridiculous', don't you think I wouldn't spend time posting here? Ninety percent of the people who read this board think everything I post is ridiculous anyway because I have the temerity to think differently than them. Why in the world would I make saving face a priority at this point?

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Thanks for making my point for me. I just knew you couldn't resist. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This administration "outed" covert CIA agent Valerie Plame for political reasons (her diplomat husband was a critic of Bush policy). To endanger an undercover US agent is a violation of federal law.

This was delayed until after the election by the administration but it has not gone away and is going to prove an ugly black mark. The president said he would get to the bottom of it, but no one has been named, fired, or prosecuted by the justice department.

If there was a democratic congress, a special prosecutor would have been appointed by now. But the investigation goes on despite administration stonewalling and will deeply embarass them before the 2008 elections.

A grand jury is involved. The Supremem Court has ruled that the reporters must give up their sources or go to jail. Rumors are that the scandal may go all the way to the vice president's office.

6. Contained Chaos

Not only that, but he gave freaking medals to all the most prominent figureheads that led to this embarassment (Tenet, Rice, etc.). I swear it's like frikkin' bizarro land over here. :dis:

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

there were clearly conflicting reports. other countries were also saying saddam had wmd, besides, i have said a million times, that wmd is only one reason among many for the war. i would have supported the war even if there were zero wmd.

besides wmd, what else were we wrong about? and i am not even sure we were wrong about that.

why are you talking about me and not what i said? grow up.

8. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

If u pick through every politician's dealings and record with a fine tooth comb, you could impeach them all. Politicians are scum and until the American people become the most powerful special interest, then thats the way it will stay.

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Elected representation is our chosen course. It's a little late to try and change it now.

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Responding to me ?