"'The Inconvenient Truth' is indeed inconvenient to alarmists"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LsuCraig, Jun 14, 2006.

1. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

That first site is hilarious. I love the comments left by people.

2. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[​IMG]

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sure, here is one establishing the link between greenhouses gasses and climate change.LINK--650,000 years of greenhouse gas concentrations

Here is another. Evidence of Global Warming

Incidently, CO2 is not the only greenhouse gas and is not the single factor in global warming.

It is easy to find a random dissenting article from somebody, that is how science works. But the fact is, that when the experts meet at conferences to discuss these issues, such scientists get shot down and can't defend their thesis among their peers. The consensus of the climate expert is as expressed in the global warming reports of:

the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
    the National Academy of Sciences (NSA)
    the American Meteorological Society (AMS)
    the American Geophysical Union (AGU)
    and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bullchit, you just can't grok "moderation". I've advocated hundreds of things here and you know it. Pick a topic. Ask me.

5. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I said that addresses this report.........fact for fact from the report. Not just random moonbat data.

6. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Don't do it Martin, it's a trap. Never, I mean never give a moonbat a free shot at spouting off nonsensical moderate policy ideas. It's like a circle of nothingness that never ends.

7. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I know, some of these have me rolling on the floor.

I would be interested in a study of the structures and tools utilized by the various species and subspecies.
    It has gotten difficult to spot moonbats here in Georgia, but there is disagreement on why. Some say the species is simply not all that common down here (tell that to Cynthia McKinney), whereas I think part of the problem is the loss of accustomed habitat wherein we might expect to see the local specimens.
    For example, although the Volkswagen Beetle -- aka "moonbatmobile" -- has been resurrected as the "New Beetle," the new form of the vehicle tends to be too expensive for true moonbats to own.
    If there's a recent study that addresses this, I may find it easier to find specimens to observe.

Posted by: McGehee at April 28, 2004 01:17 PM
    Moonbat swarms are typically drawn to large urban population centers, usually in search of easy access to mind-altering substances and a diversity of mating partners.
    Also, large urban centers tend to have vast canyons of glass - perfect targets for a well-aimed trash can or rock.:grin: :grin:

Posted by: Bill from INDC Journal at April 28, 2004 01:22 PM

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

thats true, you will advocate certain things, provided that the thing in question involves lots of taxing and spending. for instance your solution to global warming, "moderate" investment (read:taxes) in alternative research. for any problem, there is a moderate solution red will endorse, a moderate solution involving government taking our money and using it far less efficiently than private for-profit research would. of course profits are bad and should be monitored so if there is private research lets us remind them that big brother red will not be happy if they make "too much" money. we may need some "moderate" government manipulation of free citizens to stop them from having freedom of choice to do what they wish with their money.

it should be noted that i do not know what "grok" means.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I never realized moderates or independent politicians or people were Robin Hood, distribution of wealth.
    Most people work very hard for their money and deserve it, those who don't
    work, mainly lazy people who think they are owed handouts should get what
    they deserve, nothing.

There are exceptions to the rule, the less fortunate, people with certain disabilties that aren't capable of working.
    There are a lot of Americans with disablities that do work however and they
    do better than those that vote democrat to get handouts so they won't
    have to work.
    Just what we need to do, give government more money.
    Its like we don't give enough of that already.

10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

From Robert Heinlein's excellent sci-fi novel "Stranger In A Strange Land"

Essentially means to understand profoundly through intuition or empathy.

Michael Valentine Smith lives!