The infamous $275 Sugar Bowl tickets

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by springtxtiger, Feb 5, 2004.

1. springtxtiger

springtxtiger Founding Member

I know this belongs in the Ticket Office, but I doubt people are checking that forum much these days. For those of you who tried to buy tickets from Steve for the Sugar Bowl, keep checking your credit card statements. I just checked mine online, and there are two charges in the last two days for "Stone Music," one for $289 and another for $315. I've reported the card number stolen and am disputing the charges.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

What a bummer..........:shock:

3. tiger1192

tiger1192 Founding Member

I cancelled my card before the Sugar Bowl and was lucky to find 2 tickets at the last minute.

Anyone who gave him credit card info, and didn't cancel their card....should do so.

I had my new card within 3 days.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

What happened with this Steve guy? I'm assuming his tickets were bogus? Where did people buy from him from?

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Sad thing (Having been through this before)

Steve still gets his money. Even though you wont have to pay for it. The Credit Card company gets stuck with the bill...

My wifes Amex # was stolen once. We disputed it and they credited us back. I was talking to them and said are you guys going to go after these guys and they said usually they just write it off...

Bummer for the Credit Card company. Good for Steve.

But by law its the ownus of the Credit Card to check signatures etc etc. (Like the Bank passing a check that was stolen) its the banks problem for allowing it to happen..

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Maybe thats why the banks charge for ATM fees.....

Helps lighten thier losses...

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Stuck Feve !

8. springtxtiger

springtxtiger Founding Member

DarkHornet, you can read all about our trials and tribulations with Steve in the Ticket Office. There are a couple of different threads about the $275 tickets. Long story short - he took the orders over the phone, at first seemed very legit, but we eventually figured out we were never getting our tickets. As far as I know, he had only charged one person's card until I saw the charges on mine today.