The Influx of Crazies on TF & the logic behind allowing it

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUGradin99, Oct 11, 2009.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

And still are. Would someone puhleeeeeeeeeeeze merge all those threads. They have a right to say what they want but its like a thread a minute. Good I-D-Yuh !

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

These 4 topics on the first page of the Den could be combined. They all discuss the media reports on mismanagement of the game.

ESPN SportsCenter Take on Miles, LSU/Ole Miss Ending
    Confusion Reigns for LSU - Front page story in Texas
    ESPN (outside the lines)
    Well, we made the front page of MSN!

To me, these are all the same topics but reported by different media outlets. 4 topics that address the exact same thing and elicit the exact same responses could easily be combined.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

New threads are not a bad thing guys. It's the new threads posted over and over by the same user that is a problem. When a single user comes on here and posts thread after thread, taking over the forum.

I see no problem with the above four threads being separate. Especially mine where I am promoting discussion of my own. And not taking an alarmist stance, like the others. ;)

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Fair enough and maybe the threads I posted are not a good example but there are repetitive inflammatory threads that could be combined. Of course one of yours would never fit in that category. :hihi:

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

there isnt much of an incentive for them to stay.

perhaps everyone here could try to start a reasonable football/basketball/baseball thread every now and then. there is nothing about arkansas. why would an arkansas fan come here?

instead of beating an old topic to death, how about ignore it, and start your own. i know people here have opinions. its ok to voice them sometimes. better the people in this thread then the crazies. until that happens, it will be like an annoying coffee shop in the den. has there been a real football discussion in 2 months that involved the opponent, or a player not named jj or rs?

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Those are some good points. Imagine how quickly the tone of the forum would change for the better if the people in this thread simply started creating more threads of their own in the Den.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

not true, there are multiple threads about bacon in the good eats section

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

and its happening more than you know. DURING the game on sat, flamers were starting sh*t thread of things that pertained to the game itself instead of posting in the game thread. i was merging those thread as the game was going on.

so it is happening. but at the same time, as grad mentioned, there are things worthy of their own topic, or just to have a "saner" (is that a word?) thread.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I agree. There is a balance to be achieved here.

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Heck, THIS is the most positive thread I've seen of TF in a while, it is great to see so many long time folks involved in trying to make TF all it can be! I think it is good to do it in the open and allow everyone to contribute. Good job by Gradin99 to get this started, IMO.

Red's posts on p. 6, #144 and 146 are both good.