The Influx of Crazies on TF & the logic behind allowing it

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUGradin99, Oct 11, 2009.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Not much more I can add to what's already been stated.

The one redeeming quality that TF has over any other LSU fan forum is the core of quality posters. We've got a large group that are knowledgeable, passionate LSU Tiger fans. They articulate their positions extremely well. Although I often don't agree or am on the oppoisite side of a discussion when all is said and done you close by agreeing to disagree.

2. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Ok guys, maybe it's not my place to say this but...

I've just about had a gut-full of the newbies that only come here to trash our coach, disrespect our team, and the rest of the childish nonsense many of them bring. They end up arguing with our veteran, well-respected CONTRIBUTORS and it's very aggrevating.

I understand how terrible Saturday night's ending was, but come on.

TF is an awesome place to be. It's the only LSU fansite that I even look at. I like it because of the good LSU-related discussions, recruiting info and everything else LSU.

Again, I realize that I'm not one of the veterans here and maybe my 2 cents isn't that big of a deal.

So, I'm just saying....

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

1 person likes this.
  3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Look here y'all.

These folks have come around for years and years and years.

They always have, they always will.

Every one and a while, I get baited into debating their barely plausible posts with them.

I always feel unclean after grappling with their clearly clueless and feeble imaginations.

I beseech you, my TF brethren, do not taunt those whose own personal frustrations only seek to bring you into the contemptible depths of their dark and tragic nightmares.

Those without clarity of vision will certainly not see the greatness that is to transpire.

So leave them in their pitiful lifeless hovels, groveling for the non-nutritive packaged food products that stunt their tiny brains into believing that they truly are in command of their meager and pointless existences.

As if.

Just be glad you live a better, happier life than they do.

Even you, SF. :yelwink2:

2 people like this.
  4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

"Groveling for tiny crumbs of pre packaged food morsels that stunt their tiny brains"...that's kind of like what dog dick gnats do, isn't it. :lol:.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

A quick tip. The way you browse the forum can improve things for you. Ever hit the virtual reset button on TigerForums? Sick of 500000000000000000000 new threads and trying to filter through them all?

Easy quick fix. Click on "Mark Forums Read" at the bottom of the forums list. Then up top Click on Forum Menu -> View New Posts.

I figure some people may not browse the forum in that manner. By using the forum menu at the top to view new posts or view todays posts. Hope it helps some of you.

I just wish I could do the ole reset more often. But I try to read as much as possible to make sure I'm not missing anything that needs to be taken care of. I see someone has a sig saying how to improve their TF experience. Imagine not being able to ignore someone. Welcome to our (mods) world. :D

6. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Thanks,

I tried this and saw Brett talking about the Sundarbans, I got to be the first to post in the new forum!!! Is Brett a naturalist or does he watch too much national geographic tv? Pretty good tiger species knowledge there.

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Sundarbans??? What does that mean?

Is that like under the radar bans?

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Read about it in the new forum.

9. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Gee, I wonder how much research Bret did to come up with this. Makes my silly choices for forum names seem rather trivial. :shock:

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i think the solution is a red light forum. any post that is deemed too inflammatory or stupid is moved there, but not deleted. there are no rules there, but no real audience either, so no one wants to risk being moved there, because no one is listening. the better posters are aware that posting in the red light forum only encourages the trolls, so they avoid it. in this way, nobody is really banned or deleted, they are just moved to a place where they have no audience.

actually i guess this is the purpose of the suburban or sunderdong or whatever