The "I've seen Star Wars Thread"

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUpride123, Dec 19, 2015.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

After several days of reflection I've decided that this movie just made me sad... I no longer look forward to the next movie and especially the next series because Johnson will be in charge of it..

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Just be patient. I don't think we've seen the last of Snoke. I think (hope) the next installment will tie up the loose ends everyone is complaining about. Doesn't JJ direct the last version?

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Excellent analysis.

Look familiar? I'm telling you....galactic Mary effing Poppins.
    [​IMG]

Some of the effects were good. I liked the salt that ended up just looking like a futuristic Braveheart battle scene.....lots of blood.

I just don't get why they wasted Maz and Phasma and why they didn't do a better job of evilifying Snoke. Hell, version 1 of Darth was way more intimidating and the Emperor as he was frying Luke was an evil hateful bastard. Snoke was.....sorta boring.

didit likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Right, Maz says in the Force Awakens “a story for another time” when responding to Han’s “where did you get that” question. So let her explain it shit. Give us a Snoke backstory. And how come he is gangster enough to manipulate Ren’s inner demons to bait Rey but can’t tell Ren is about to slice him in half? That dude seemed pretty powerful and he just gets sucker sliced? Also where are the Knights of Ren? Phasma was a huge disappointment and it’s a shame because Gwendolyn Christie is a beast of an actress. I mean you make this bad ass looking chrome storm trooper and the Storm Janitor Finn, puts her in a trash shoot in the first movie and gun light saber beats her as well. I’m thinking the First Order’s talent evaluation skills are a little off.

Mary fucking Poppins. I mean did Disney sit in a room and say, look, we gotta make Leia an official Disney princess. Make her float.

And when are bad guys gonna learn..... don’t take people prisoner. Fucking blast them on the spot.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Second best Star Wars trilogy...

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

She looks like the flying nun.

8. didit

didit Veteran Member

• Build phasma up, gets beat by a grunt,
    • Build snoke up, surrounded in mystery, kill him without any backstory
    • Have snoke give this long soliloquy about how bad he is and his force powers, doesn't feel Ren turning a light saber right next to him,
    • We know Luke is one of the most powerful beings in the universe, hiding on an island pouting,
    • The stupid plan the new leader had to run while abandoning ship... Why not tell your best pilot,
    • Why chase said ship waiting for them to run out of gas? Light speed ahead and come back in front of ship...
    • Maz?
    • Leia?
    If you watch, the clone wars cartoons are much better... Every now and then they'll throw the roger roger robots in to make you roll your eyes...

uscvball likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think because the first movie they tried to appeal to too many audiences. Too many story lines to tell based on SJW casting.

This movie was damn near 3 hours and still didn’t answer much.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

This movie had one purpose and it was to finally nail shut the coffin on the original Star Wars ideas and characters. Evil isn't so bad now. Princesses emasculate male characters. Heroes drink titty milk from sea cows. Yoda is a short, green Hitler. The best rebel plan is to retreat. And Leia is Mary phucking Poppins.

Dead.....dead....dead.

LSUpride123 and fanatic like this.