The Jim Rome show

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WF TIGER, Nov 11, 2002.

1. WF TIGER

WF TIGER Founding Member

Today on Jim Rome's show "The Jungle" he said he thinks the Kentucky football players should have the lids to the gatorade coolers super glued down. That he has never seen a losing coach get doused with the cooler and lose the game. He also said what a feeling Morris must of had going over to congradulate Saban after having the cooler poured over him.

Still kind of hard to believe the tigers pulled it out. Now its time to go kick some elephant tail.

Geaux Tigers

2. EastBankTiger

EastBankTiger Founding Member

I woulda killed to hear Romie today...

but sadly, the radio station here in New Orleans that was carrying him changed format without warning last week. New Orleans radio SUCKS.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: I woulda killed to hear Romie today...

I assume you banged your Monkey?

4. EastBankTiger

EastBankTiger Founding Member

I'm sure that "banging the monkey"...

is a "jungle" reference - but to be honest, I only had a chance to listen to the show for a week before it ws taken off here, so I'm not very familiar with much of the show's dialogue. If you can fill me in a bit, I'd appreciate it - hopefully, someone here will pick him up in due time, though I know better than to expect it.

5. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

I heard the show today on Rome's website

You can join and have access to a 30 day archive of shows. Today was freaking hilarious - even better as our Tigers were mentioned numerous times.

I gave up on NOLA and BR radio. It all sucks. The subscription rate is only $30 per year. I usually listen while sitting at my desk working, pausing it when necessary. Then, after hours when the phones die down and I am getting some reading done - very cool to have this service. i use it often - simply the best sports show around (including tv).

6. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Any HUGE LSU calls...

Nick needs to go into the jungle for some karma.

"BANG YOUR MONKEYS CLONES !!"

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: I'm sure that "banging the monkey"...

It is, indeed a jungle term. The "Monkey" is the stations program director and to "bang" him is to get on the horn and hound him unmercifully until he relents and brings Romie back.
    By the way, BR and NOLA radio are major market compared to the yahoos we have in Lafayette. And don't even get me started on our fishwrap know as the Daily Fertilizer.

8. WF TIGER

WF TIGER Founding Member

It would be great

if Nick was in the jungle. We hear it on KWKH from 11:00- 2:00 up here. If you ever call you better have a good take or he will run you. I've never called but he is very entertaining to listen to.

He also went on about Lorenzen, how he liked the guy and that he out weighs three of his offense linemen.

On a different note I would like to say thank you to all the Veterans out there today. We thank you for your service to this great country that we live in and for all that you have done.

9. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Ahhh! I confused "spanking the monkey"

rtr

10. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member