The Key to the Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Oct 18, 2003.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

The key to the game, I think, is Justin Vincent. I think against Florida, had our running game been effective, our passing game might have opened up. Against South Carolina, if we can establish a running game with Vincent running 20-25 times, it will keep the LB's from dropping back into coverage a lot. They will have to play up on the line which would hopefully open the Tight ends and keep the WR's in single coverage. Also, if we can run the ball, that will keep the time of possession in our favor. That would keep our Defense off the field and keep the rested. And I don't know about yall, but I think a rested Tiger defense can cause some serious damage...

I probably just stated the obvious with my keys, but I think the running game is a HUGE key to this game. We couldn't run against Florida so we were forced to pass which turned into many 3rd and outs...This kept our defense on the field which is why they gave up a season high 19 points....

:lsug: :lsug: :lsug: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :lsug: :lsug: :lsug:

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I think that running the ball will be a key, However I think:

1) How the team responds, if something bad happens first.

2) Listening and Believing the in the coaches/system.

3) Attitude: OU and great teams play with a chip on thier shoulder.

Sometimes I think LSU plays with to soft an attitude.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think it may be as basic as turnovers and penalties. We are having far too many of each. It can take an otherwise good team out of the game.