The last 3 games of the season...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Nov 2, 2003.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Although they all pose a threat, the Bama game following a Bye week after were on a roll seems to be the one that stands out to me. We owe them & Arky payback from last year big time. That was just a straight up ass whippin we took at the hands of the Tide in our home last year. Revenge will be sweet.

Ole Miss game we need to punish Eli and bring the pain to him. I have not seen him rattled yet, maybe I will when he is picking the grass out of his face mask as the result of the number 1 D in the land.

Arkansas, uggh, I hate Houston nutt. Talk about revenge. The hogs got it coming in a bad way. No way they should have represented the West last year and they know it after getting blownout in the SECCG.

Bottom line: LSU brings the A game in these last 3, and we smoke all of them.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I'm all about revenge!

You're right, 'Bama and Arkansas need HUGE whoop'ns issued to them from last season.

Ole Miss needs to get socked in the mouth for the ESPN-ers such as Alberts.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Let's hope theirs no hangovers after the bye.

I'm a little nervous about that!

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

LSU will manhandle Bama like a weak cell-mate. It won't be pretty. Arkansas has the potential to upset, simply because of Matt Jones - it's hard to believe that a guy that tall & gangly can be so elusive, even for good defenses.

The one to be wary of however is Ole Miss. Auburn will beat Ole Miss because we have them at home, because we match up great against them, and because we always beat them.

However, Ole Miss matches up very good against LSU's one weakness (see UF game). I also believe Ole Miss will be way-up for this game, given the natural rivalry between the programs.

They're the ones I see as having the greatest potential for upset versus LSU. Should I assume most LSU fans will be pulliong for AU this weekend? (except for the irrational ones....)

5. TigerBandMello

TigerBandMello Founding Member

yes, caddyattacky, i will believe in Santa (auburn) this week. Go (Other) Tigers and take down Eli and Co. !

6. cadillacattack

Thanks for the well wishes, we're going to need them. I haven't seen a "line" yet, but I surely hope Ole Miss is the favorite.

Nothing I like better than a "home dog" (not "home dawg") when it's all on the line. Ole Miss is due for an "L"

7. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

What? So Ole Miss has the power to voo doo our offense into completely self-destructing??? Goodness knows that it was not FL that beat us. It was our offense completely falling apart. I just don't see OM's defense giving us ANY trouble at all. If OM only scores 19 on us, they lose by 20. We are going to crush them.

Now Bama on the other hand are balanced and will cause us trouble. I think that many here take Bama too lightly. Going to be a WAR.

8. cadillacattack

You should check Mississippi's stats before you proclaim Bama a more balanced offense. It's actually the one mistake most teams have made regarding Ole Miss this season, they CAN run, just ask UF...... they prepped for the pass and got murdered by Ole Miss' running game.

Balance is overated unless you're going up against a great D, then it's meaningful. For example, Alabama averages about the same amount of rushing YPG on about the same number of rushing attempts as Ole Miss (172 ypg/362 attempts, 168 ypg/357 attempts.) However, Ole Miss has another 309 ypg (8.6 yp attempt) they throw at the equation while Bama brings only 187 ypg and only 6.3 yp attempt.

Ole Miss ranks 7th in Total Offense (477 ypg) , Oklahoma 15th, Arkansas is the top rated SEC team at 25th (431 ypg) and LSU at 26th with 428 ypg.

Bama - passing accounts for 43% of it's total plays, and 52% of it's total yardage production.

Ole Miss - passing accounts for 48% of it's total plays, yet accounts for 64% of it's total yardage production! That's why Ole Miss is considered to be the more productive offense, while still maintaining better offensive balance than Bama.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

For some reason, people keep suggesting they can score on our defense.

Georgia thought they could ... 10 points

Florida beats us in our worst performance thus far ... 19 points

Auburn was suppose to be the best 2 loss team in the country ... 7 points

LaTech had one of the best offenses in the country ... 10 points

If our defense shows up, Ole Miss will join a long list of teams who can't score many points ... we may lose, but it won't be because our defense gave up alot of points!

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I never thought of LSU / Ole Miss as much of a rivalry, much less a natural rivalry. Do you think that because Manning chose to attend Ole Miss?

I do agree that Ole Miss will be up for the game. But it has more to do with them having a legitimate shot at the West for the first time. Plus, this is Manning's last hurrah and he is rallying the team around him. I personnally think they are playing over their heads right now. I also think LSU has a big advantage over a team with a strong offense and weaker defense. That's been proven week after week this season.