The last 3 games of the season...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Nov 2, 2003.

1. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

REALLY? It's been a pretty significant rivalry since I've been an LSU fan, which is about 40 years! It may have lost its luster a little bit in recent years, but the history of the games between the two schools definitely makes it a rivalry!

:geaux:

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

cadillacattack,

You should check La Tech's offensive stats compared to
    Ole Miss.

La Tech is rated higher.

Our defense has played well all year and only given up 10 points
    a game on average.
    We do have the #1 defense in the Nation in most categories and
    out Special teams is up there as well.

The only way Miss will be in the game is if the offense struggles
    coming out of the bye like last time.

Heck,
    Ole Miss might lose to you guys this week and it won't be any
    better for them after this week.

If you go look at Ole Miss schedule this year you will find out
    why there undefeated, they haven't played anybody other
    than Fla and Ark this year in the SEC, matter of fact they barely
    beat Vandy 24-21, and USC 43-40.

They may be able to out score most opponents they play, maybe
    Auburn if they score first but they CAN'T and WON'T to LSU.

3. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Maybe that's the story. I was born an LSU fan, albeit 28 years ago. Since you have been a fan longer than I have been around, that could explain why you have found this to be more of a rivalry than me. Although I must say, I rather enjoyed this game being played on Halloween week/weekend back in the mid-90's.

Its always nice to hear some stories. I heard one last week from the guy who sits next to me. About a game where he sat in the S endzone in the wooden bleachers and how his friend slipped under to get a football souvenir from an extra point. I wanna say he said it was during the 1958 championship run. You just can't beat those stories.

Chants of "Geaux to Hell Ole Miss!" probably get your blood boiling a little more than mine...;)

4. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I never proclaimed Bama had a more balanced offense. I meant that they were a more balanced team in that they actually field a Defense. Ole Miss just throws a few blocking dummies out there and hope we trip over them on the way to the end zone. We don't have any problems with teams that don't have good defenses. If we can score 20 points, we can win. We can score 45 on Ole Miss. This portion of the game does not worry me.

On the other side of the ball, our defense has shown that they are the #1 defense in the country. I fully expect Ole Miss to run the ball on us. I expect us to stop the PASS first this time (as wierd as that sounds). I fully expect the game to proceed much like a cross between the UF and La Tech games. We blitz like crazy to get their passing game out of sync and they score less than 20 points.

I worry about our offense not putting up enough points. That is why I am worried about a team like Bama. They can score when they are clicking and their defense is strong enough to cause us trouble if they decide to step it up. Let them hang around the and the game will be close. And that is exactly why I am not worried about Ole Miss. They tend to collapse at the end of games and our offense is strongest in the second half in close games.

If the offense that played UGA shows up, Bama beats us. If the offense that played UGA shows up, we beat Ole Miss. We just need to keep that offense that showed up against UF away or we don't win another game.

5. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

From what I can tell, it's more of a rivalry for them than it is for us. I've read where some Ole Miss fans consider us a bigger rival than MSU. I have a lot of respect for tradition and the past rivalry, but I think it's not really there anymore on the LSU side. Whether we beat them or not, they still end up in Shreveport at best. It's just not exciting to beat a mediocre team. Ole miss on the other hand...

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Ole Miss is a little better than mediocre. There offensive line is better than La Tech. They could be the team that gives us the most problems.

Alabama is going to run out gas before the 4th quarter against us. I don't believe they have the gas to hang with LSU for 4 quarters.

Arkansas just is not going to beat us this year. We pay them back big time.

And screw auburn, Ole Miss all the way against aubies. We will take care of Ole miss our selves.

7. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I'll take the help wherever I can get it. If Ole Miss gets beat down by AU, then so be it. Whatever stregthens are schedule is in our best interest, however, the outcomes of the other games is beyond our control. Just gotta TCB...

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I dont see that it really matters. We have to beat Ole Miss regardless of what Auburn does. If Auburn beats UM, that will only give UM 1 conference loss. That means we still have to beat them to go to the SECCG, unless there are other losses along the way. Plus, it will look better beating a more highly ranked UM. Im not really sure what I would prefer. I know that I want UGA to beat Auburn so that there will still be a 3-way tie in the east. Otherwise, UT will win the head-to-head against UF and go to Atlanta instead. So what ever scenario offers the best chance at Auburn losing to UGA is what I want. I WANT UF IN THE SECCG! Also, as weird as it sounds, I think we want UT to lose to Miami. If it does come down to a vote, a UT win over Miami may influence the voting ADs.

9. verouchi

verouchi KOC-RPH

All i can say about the LSU Ole Miss rivalry is...

Geaux to hell Ole Miss Geaux to hell

10. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

LSU will not let down.. The FLA game is the only reminder the team needs from Saban