The last 3 games of the season...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Nov 2, 2003.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

The challenge is........ that this should worry you. The one weakness for the LSU D this season has been depth in the secondary.

Ole Miss is a threat to steadily and continually attack LSU's secondary from the outset, and doing so out of the 3 & 5 step drop and the shotgun. If LSU only scores 20 points, there's a strong likelihood they'll get a "L" hung on them. I Know....I know.....I know all about the points given up by the LSU D. Heck, the AU D was only giving up around 11-12 ppg before LSU hung 31 on them. Now I'm not saying that Ole Miss is on par with LSU - they certainly haven't EARNED that level of respect from anyone other than their fan base. But, it's likely that Saban is preparing the ground game to keep Manning & Co off of the field as much as possible. I know one thing....Ole Miss wants this one very badly, and that's probably the only real advantage they have going for them.

Here's the fly in the ointment...... all the Ole Miss D needs to do is slowwwww LSU down, not shut them down. They'll get their 24-28 points and probably still lose to LSU. But the matchup will be a difficult one for Saban to prep for. This is probably the best team that both universities have fielded in a few years, so it should be an epic matchup. Probably be LSU's special teams advantage that makes the difference for LSU as they hang a second SEC loss on Ole Miss.

2. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

ole miss has been a thorn for years, we have to be ready for them no doubt.