The left destroys everything they touch....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

He got a straight answer. He just didn't like it.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

that does appear to be the case.

seems to be fairly clear cut that this is at best a waste of money and at worst a dangerous org that will mission creep into pressuring media and citizens over wrongthink. we already had a group of "intelligence" people weigh in and say that the hunter biden laptop was russian disnfo. and they were using their govt connections/resumes to grant legitimacy to their claims. it doesnt seem far off theat they could push to ban "foreign interference" information. and then who knows what is suddenly disinfo. we already decided that it was "hacking an election" to campaign for a candidate. its really a terrible idea and everyone should be willing to admit that without hesitation. why people refuse to answer and instead invoke other nonsense to distract with claims of hypocrisy, its about partisan hackery, and its a problem.

rex also wont answer ow exactly the crowd at the capitol could intinidate pence, given his protection team of secret service, and how any of jan 6 would lead to a trump kingdom. and recently he wont answer if he favors or opposes bidens debt relief plan. he will only answer in vague generalities.

this is how it goes with rex

me: rex, is the light on or off?
    rex: you are a hypocrite
    me: ok, is the light on or off
    rex. lol racist
    me: is the light on or off?
    rex: i dont care about some other thing
    me: thats not an anwer, is it on or off
    rex: i answered

and i am left with no answer, and a desperate liar claiming he answered.

yes is an answer. no is an answer. i dont care about something vague is not an answer. but we can put him in this position so easily, becasue the left doesnt have a cogent and consistent philosophy. the left has one issue: you are a hypocrite racist.

fanatic likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

and what was that again? you dont care about somthing else?

if you were a politician and you were tasked with voting yes or no on creating this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation_Governance_Board

how would you vote? keep in mind there is no option on the ballot for "you are a hypocrite lol raciss haha i dont care about another thing lol hypocritte racist". repeat: that option is not on the ballot.

cant answer huh

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i think its worse than that i think it could chill free speech, pressure private people and orgs to shut up, and punish those that do not accept the govt dictated groupthink. its incredibly dangerous to have the govt telling us what is misinfo, particularly with their recent history, as well as the recent eagerness of social media to comply, for example with virus stuff and lab leak theory and biden laptop etc.

lets say for example the govt, unknowingly under pressure from chinese agents at the board of truth, declared lab leak theory to be false. then its easy to imagine facebook and instagram blocking discussion of it, because this already happened. but now we would have an official govt org dictating what is true to the eager social media democrats happy to block info they dont like.

thank god for elon musk

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

You obviously got burned by my unexpected ANSWER to your question, so you feel it necessary to mischaracterize. And that's quite OK... it's not like I get anything from your posts other than a laugh.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i dont care about some other thing is not an answer to a yes or no question

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation_Governance_Board

is this a good thing ? yes or no?

prove me wrong with a few simple keystrokes. prove you can answer. yes? no?

7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Correct... you're upset about "potential", not anything the board has actually done or planned to do. That's obviously true of Winston, too, although he has already incorrectly called it all "unconstitutional".

Not that that's what this is, but donald trump's administration didn't employ propagandists?

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

deflecting. nobody even mentioned trump, TDS guy.

oh i get it. you want to say other people favored that but oppose this. LOL HYPOCRITES AHHAAHHA GOT Um AGAIN

i specifically predicted this EXACT rhetorical strategy earlier: "when policy X is discussed, your response is "well you say X now but what about back when Y you said nothing so LOL hypocrite".

calling people hyopcrites about other events is your primary deflection technique. you want to force them to defend X instead of discussing current issue Z. anythimg to stop them from discussing the current thing.

and you are in favor of what they do, whatever that is? you like this new ministry of truth? yes or no? dont care about some other thing? lol hypocrite racist?

i oppose this. how about you? super duper scared to say? thought so.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

:snooze:

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the fake quotes, the snooze, the accusing others of hypocrisy and racism, these are your rhetorical strategies. after a while you pretend you "are done", but its not true you will keep claiming you are willing to have an opinion on the question at hand, all the while keeping the discussion alive for the sole purpose of making a "well what abou twhen trump did X back whenever, you didnt care about that then LOL DOUBLE STANDARD HYPOCRItEZ"

like clockwork.