The Lemon Yellows

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Jul 2, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Wouldn't expect anything less my friend.

2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Come to next years Bama game here. If it's a night game, you'll see what we mean.
    never been to oregon's stadium, but wouldn't mind going to a game there. what would be the best game to see there?

i also bleed green and gold, but that's only on friday nights. (high school colors are green and gold...or yellow)

3. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

I know why we are playing in Jerry World, money and recruiting exposure directly in Texas; however, I certainly do regret that this is not a home and home match up. Really, how many of us would want to go and see first hand if Autzen is really loud and see what Oregon is like for a weekend? On the flipside, how many of our new Duck friends would like to come see what Louisiana is like and just what goes on for a game down here? Realistically, many thanks to the AD for getting us games with Washington, Arizona, ASU, VaTech and soon at WVU, but I can't help feeling a little jipped on this match up.

4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

The "Civil War" vs Oregon State, by far, always great, the best team doesn't always win this game. It's hard to hate 'lil brother beaver, (though they really hate us).

Washington Huskies, mutual hatred. Fuskies make Duck's see red.
    USC Trojans, rivalry growing steadily.

5. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

How many visiting team tickets does the PAC10 or Oregon allow for visitors? The SEC allots around 7-10 thousand for visitors if I am not mistaken.

6. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I don't think they'd like to be here in august. why? because I don't like being here in august and i've lived here for 47 years! :)

7. GiantDuckFan

I don't know, I think it varies.

I know UW cut our allotment once, so we cut theirs, (it's not just the teams & fans, the Universities don't like each other either).

Visitor section is very small, and their seats are among the worst in the stadium.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well, at least the Ducks and the Tigers have one thing in common. We both are glad a certain Coordinator is no longer on either of our sidelines or booth.

9. GiantDuckFan

I hear that! Although for the time being, I wish you were still saddled with him.

10. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I've always been impressed with how loud it gets at Autzen. Saw that it got up to 127 decibels while LSU's highest was 130 against Florida in 07.

You may not want to hear it but I was really impressed with Washington's stadium when we played them in 09, that place was rockin and the sea in the backdrop adds a nice touch. Outside of yall two, I don't know of any stadiums on the west coast worth noting.

Big 10 stadiums should be ashamed of themselves. I guess that's what happens when half the stadiums are built below ground level in a giant bowl. The only big 10 crowds that impress me are Wisconsin and Penn State.

And yeah we give our opponents pretty good seats. Right in the corner of one of the endzones (and in the upper deck I believe), so they have a presence at the games.

[​IMG]