The LSU effect

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SonnyLoco, Dec 5, 2009.

1. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

Polluk (on Gameday) just mentioned how we beat them (Georgia) twice in 02, and how they thought about us the whole next year everytime they hit the weights, practiced, etc. I've heard Tubberville used to say that we haunted teams in more ways than one after we played them.

It's sad to say that no teams really feel that way anymore do they? Will those days of striking fear, causing nightmares (for OTHER teams and fans), and being on a team's mind for a year in advance ever return?

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Re: The LSU affect

I see what you are getting at, but make no mistake about it:

NO TEAM IN THE COUNTRY WANTS TO PLAY LSU......PERIOD.

3. SonnyLoco

I think La Tech would like to play us right now to be honest with you, I dont think anyone is "scared" to play us like they used to be. And we don't put people on ice packs for weeks after they play us either. That's all I'm saying.

AND...Death Valley will lose it's "fear factor" too if fans keep bailing out. Don't wanna hear that "it got cold, or it was rainy" crap either. Since when did we as fans get so soft?

I'm not doom and gloom, I just want us to get that "swagger" back. That knock your teeth out, scream till your eardrums bust, it's never a bad night in Tiger Stadium SWAGGER!:tigerhead

4. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

plus 1000! i agree with exactly everything you've said in this post. I, unfortuantly don't have the money for season tickets, as im in college and god forbid it's expensive as hell. but, if i did i would be at every freaking game, death valley once caused a freakin tremor it got so loud. Where did that go? It was there for the florida game, but i want every team to look at their schedule and say **** we got to go there where the fans are intimadating and their defense hits like crazy men. Hopefully we get back there one day my friend

5. SonnyLoco

I think our defense next year will have some "teeth", but our offense definitely need more "bite". We just have to remember that the fans definitely play a HUGE part of the other teams woes. We need to stay and scream till the fat lady sings and wait till after the game to diss our coaches and show discontent for the teenagers that are on the field trying to play a good game in spite of the chaotic coaching decisions.

I "optimistically" think that time will be back very soon. Or some people will be looking for new jobs.

I'm with ya bro! Get that degree and you'll be able to afford those season tix one day!! :thumb:

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

it was 03

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

been to a game lately? it's been pretty loud at times this season. but i agree with the everything else you've said. i want TS to regain that swagger, too. maybe it will take a few terrible seasons to purge out all of the fair weather fans who just go to the games for social gratification. TS was always at its best when it was mostly a blue-collar/student fan base in the stadium, imo.

8. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

Agree 98% here. (I know weird right). For the most part I think next year our players will buy in to Chavis' D plan and we might see that nastiness we have all been waiting to come back. Also having guys like Petterson back there coaching up some of the younger players to lay hits on people might not hurt at all. The reason why I didn't say 100% is because some of the soft 3rd down coverages we have had this year. From what I understand that is Chavis thing. (correct me if I am wrong of course). That is kind of concerning for me on the D side of the ball.

I REALLY hope you are right on this one. However it sounds like we might have to deal with GC and Stud for another year. This could be very bad. Guess we will have to wait and see. :tigerhead

9. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

What are you talking about Defensive coordinators around the country would love to have a game against Crowton. Crowton is a opposing coordinators wet dream.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Where U been?
    Two to three years ago I might agree with you but LSU is no where near where it was back then.
    Heck, we are .500 the last two years in SEC play.
    I acknowledge we have a great OOC record still but c'mon.
    The team no one wants to play today are probably Florida and Alabama.