The LSU effect

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SonnyLoco, Dec 5, 2009.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Don't want to pizz you guys off like I normally seem to, but a few hints and remarks up here in NC indicate that UNC is looking forward to stomping our collective butts next year, to gain some national recognition.

Carolina had a big stumble, inexplicable, against NC State, but they were beginning to feel pretty good about themselves. Haven't heard much talk about anything since the State game, but you need to understand, UNC is looking forward to it. Maybe since the B-ball team is outside top 10??

Anyway, I just wish the game was in Chapel Hill.

Geaux Tigers.

hwr

2. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

Re: The LSU affect

I know it had a GREAT VIBE during the Florida game, but later in the year it got shady at times. I mean, people really got tired of dull offense so it's not totally unwarranted.

I agree whole heartedly about the new "fanbase". My brother and I were just talking about how the fan base changed to somewhat hoity toity bandwagoners after we started winning games and :crystal::crystal:!!

It will get a lot better when they "weed out" and the "common folk" take back over!! I just hope we don't have to go 4-8 for it to get back to being the way it was.

3. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

With the ever increasing prices for both tickets and seat license fees, the common folk will not be able to take back over. On the whole, we are one of the cheapest, established programs in the country. I was talking to an Aggie over Turkey Day, and he was telling me about $80-$100 tickets and $500 seat fees for seats comparable to where I sit in the NEZ where we pay $50 per ticket and $175 per seat.

4. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Maybe we need to call our Senators and see if they can set up a National LSU Fan Ticket Pool for LSU fans in need of ticket or two.
    :wink:

5. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

After reading a bunch of posts online, the fans worst enemies are themselves. They get complacent and when it seems things don't go their way, they leave and whine. Instead of standing up and cheering their heads off. Don't blame the team for shytty fans. Blame those fans that don't have heart.

And since this is all about Saban, what year was it that Saban kicked a highly touted QB, that was already a contributor in the offensive system, off the team? I forgot.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I just want to hold your hands and give you hugs and let you know everything is gonna be alright.

Seriously.

9-3.

Best decade in LSU history.

Coach with best record in LSU history. %.

Best recruiting LSU has ever put together in a decade.

Some of you are desperately in need of a few 4 win seasons.

I get complaining but this whining about who is or isn't afraid of playing LSU is sorta pathetic, folks.

[\arrogant rant]

1 person likes this.
  7. lsutygr69

lsutygr69 Founding Member

Which year did he need to take this action and failed to do so?

8. BAY0U BENGAL

This. Especially the 4 wins part. Good post.

9. BAY0U BENGAL

You found my point. Congratulations.

10. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Well, when you have top 3 talent and you go 3-5 and 5-3 in your conference and you have an offense that is competing for near last in the SEC and nation. When every games looks like a compete freaking mess, eventually you will not be getting those 4 and 5 star guys and eventually you will see loses to the cupcake schools and then you will see non-bowl years like the 90s.

There was nothing about this year that was LSU football.