The LSU effect

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SonnyLoco, Dec 5, 2009.

1. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

yeah we really struck fear in that UGA team the following year.

must've been miles coaching from the future.

2. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

UF and Bummer circled the game against us this year and they will next year. You guys being drama queens won't change the fact that LSU plays hard and is TOUGH to beat (even when statistically beaten).

Teams bring their best against us and will continue to do so because of the aforementioned 9-3 record, best decade in LSU history, coach with best record in LSU history. %, best recruiting LSU has ever put together in a decade....

Quit cha moanin ;)

3. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

It must be true for bama fans to come here to tell us they rule.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

this was a painful weekend because our Ex head coach was playing for the SEC title and the national championship bid, our ex defensive coordinator Pelini was playing for a Big 12 title as a head coach against one of our ex assistant coaches in Mac Brown, with our ex defensive coordinator in Muschamp who are also playing for a Big 12 title and national championship bid.

while we get to sit at home and wait for our bid to play Penn St. in the "i hope you don't fall asleep at halftime" bowl.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

What pains me is to see LSU fans making posts that continue to take away from the greatness that is LSU. It is one thing to see and point out legit concerns. It is one thing to want our Tigers to be the best every yr. It is one thing to want our Tigers to compete for the SEC title every year. But to see LSU fans continue to chip away at this greatness is very disheartening. To continue to talk about how great Saban is, to continue to talk about how we will be the 3rd best team in the SEC, to continue to talk about how no one fears us anymore, all of this is the fans, it isn't the coach, it isn't the players, it is the fans that have become spoiled and unappreciative for how great we do have it.

Every team, in the history of college football, goes thru off years, and we are no different. Every team can go thru a series of events or injuries that make seasons less than what fans want. Every team has to rebuild or reload, make necessary changes to improve, and do their best to put the best team on the field. LSU is no different. Coach Miles is no different. Many are talking about the past 2 yrs like that is the essence of LSU football now, when in reality it is the past 5 yrs under Miles that we all need to look at. His record has been discussed from every angle. Is he perfect no, but neither are the coaches that some would claim are better than him. Urban had his horrible yr following a MNC, and he just lost in the SECCG to a team that his talent should have beaten. Saban has had his horrible seasons and moments. He followed LSU's MNC with a 9-4 season, and has lost to several lessor teams over his coaching career.

If LSU fans want to stay on top, then LSU fans need to look to themselves first. Have your complaints and criticisms, but look to the team and the coaches to always compete to be the best. Miles has proven that he brings in winners, even if they are only effective for one season, see GC, but he brings in winners. This team, now and in to the future will continue to be one of the best teams in the SEC and in the country. No one will "Want" to play LSU, I say BS, why, because they will continue to fear the team and coaching staff they will face, and they will continue to fear the fan base and playing in Tiger Stadium.

We have the best team in the country to be a fan of, this decade, the best fan base for a team to play for, and the best stadium to watch and play our games in. Now get back to being the hungry fans from 2001-2004, and quit being this fan base that EXPECTS to be given the best team. We are part of that Greatness, but we have to be behind them and support them at all times. :geaux: :tigereye: :LSU231:

1 person likes this.
  6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

When I read the title of this thread, I thought, "Finally, a positive post about Miles. It must be how we dominate teams in bowls and sometimes even ruin their next season."

Nope. I was incorrect.

Continue Miles-bashing as scheduled.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I'm waiting for a Les Miles Pinata at the next TeamKatt tailgate.:lol:.

Maybe next years pinata theme could be the head coaches instead of the mascots. Heck, when we play Florida, we could make enough money to give to a charity by charging $5.00 for a whack at Urban Meyer !! Who wants a piece of Saban?

whatcha think Crip?:hihi:.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

:lol:

call me when you get the Saban one filled with money. Miles' would be full of glue, and Kiffin's would be full of sh!t.

9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

What were you thinking? :hihi:

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You all can talk all you want about examples of the LSU effect...but the Grand Daddy of them all, the Big Kahuna, the Numero Uno, the One and Only example is:

No. 10 LSU 40, No. 9 Miami 3 - College Football - Rivals.com

LSU stomped Miami (Thug U) 40 to 3 in the Peach Bowl. Miami players started trash talking with Dwayne Bowe and a fight broke out resulting in several Miami players getting knocked unconscious.

They got their butts whipped every which way...

...and have never been the same since. This was a knockout blow that lasted several years and a couple of coaching regimes. They still aren't the same today.

That's the LSU effect I'm talking about:tigereye:.