The mad hatter

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NavyTiger, Jan 1, 2013.

1. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

One play could of changed the game last night. Famous, most used excuse. If mettenberger makes that easy throw to his open receiver we get the W. But that's not why people are upset. Its the play calls, the coaching, the time management. Its easy to sit back and say we should have run the ball up the middle, or we shouod have run this play or that play at that certain point of the game. The truth of the matter is that we just signed a new deal with les miles and we have to stick with hi whether you like it or not. I don't expect us to have a good season next year but LSU football will be back. Off the rant. Geaux tigers

2. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Many see a problem with the fans, i.e. us, criticizing Miles when the season was a winning one. The problem really is somewhat like a teacher that sees potential in a child but has to find a way to make that child live up to his potential. I think the same is true of LSU. I think the fans just think...yes, we won ten games, but our potential (with good teaching/coaching) is national championship or something JUST shy of it. Stupid calls, clock management problems, ridiculous offensive play calling, let downs, defensive confusion, etc. With the talent we have, the potential is not being reached due to poor coaching, a systemic problem...PLAIN and SIMPLE. Players are going to make mistakes occasionally. But, when the system is not set up to absorb the mistakes, it is coaching.

Eliminator55 and LSUTiga like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He certainly is Mad.

4. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Well said pub.