The Masters

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by shane0911, Apr 7, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Who you got?

Some interesting numbers:

Rory and Spieth at 8-1

Bubba 10-1

Eldrick and Hefty both at 20-1

Patrick Reed at 25-1

Ricky Fowler at 30-1

Submergio at a blistering 40-1 (He will come out of the gate hot, always does)

Everyone's favorite Freddie Couples at 150-1

Lots of rain today but none of that will matter with the system they have there. Who believes that the Big Cat actually has his game tuned up? I don't know that he will make a run but I don't think he embarrasses himself either.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

sedrick will embarrass himself. yes, thats a better name for him for some reason. spieth will be at the top but not seal the deal. serge will surge first 2 maybe 3 days so it always seems then subserge himself into the augusta abyss.

i dont think fowler is consistent enough but worth a look at 30:1 I suppose.

reed is arrogant enough to do it but i say no.

lefty outside shot but no.

freddy got fingered, no.

ill take the field.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Wouldn't be surprised if the kitty cat (that's all he is now) plays only Thursday and Friday. He is toast. It's a shame because I liked him but injuries have made him a shell. Also he lost his mojo when blonde took after him with the wedge.
    This time next year he'll be commentator

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

This time next year Tiger will be teeing it up at Augusta. Don't look for him to replace Nick Faldo or Johnny Miller anytime soon.

5. shane0911

Lots of movement on the numbers

Tiger now at 40, forgot to throw in DJ think I saw 12 on him. Might be the play, he has the distance if he can keep it below the hole.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Euros seem to do great at Masters, particularly So. Africans as of late, but I'm going to stick w/an American this year. My top 3 to win, in order of likelihood, are: JWalker - playing well going in, and right temperament; PReed - again, playing hot, cocky, and mentally tough enough to close the deal; Billy Horschel, playing well, good all around game, seems due for a big tournament.

My son predicts JDay or JSpeith (edited), which is certainly a great choice.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  7. shane0911

Walker and Reed both at 20:1 and the Gaytor at a breezy 60:1 go find a window and throw $20 at Billy boy, could turn up a nice lititle pay day

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm picking Rory. He hasn't lit the world on fire so far this year but if he gets back on that hot streak he was on last year he is the best golfer in the world. Tiger will be lucky to make the cut. Bubba will be in the mix. Watch out for Spieth.

9. shane0911

True on Rory, but I'm not sure the collapse from a few years ago isn't still in his head. Golf is funny that way, shit messes with you. I like the kid, he is amazing, but I can't pick him until he wins it and proves he has excorcised that demon.

I think I'm going to go with either Dustin Johnson or Ricky Fowler.

Fowler has been close in every major, I think he has a streak of 1 double bogey in every one for the last 8 or so. He fixes that and he is very close.

DJ is hungry to regain his rep after the suspension and has the length to shorten the course.

Both have the game.

Reports are the ETW looks VERY sharp and totally new attitude to go with it. I think he makes the cut, finishes in the top 10.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

going with rory.