The Mayor of 13th Street on LSU Baseball fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

In 2000 when both the Cajuns and the Tigers were in Omaha, I remember both schools cheering for each other and tailgating together. Each school has their share of asses but I remember the people of Omaha really being impressed with that many friendly South Louisianians in one place.

I also remember when Tulane and the Tigers were there together that we did not mix to well. Tulane fans seemed almost arrogant.

Just my $.02
    Also I am a fan of the Cajuns seeing how I went to school there from 87-92.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

tulane fans and lsu fans just do not mix well, period.

it doesnt help that their coach has a bee in his bonnet (or broomstick up his ass) about lsu. you can trust me on that one.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I guess now would be as good of a time as any to admit that I now attend Tulane University.....but don't get it twisted....I'm an Tiger Fan until the day I die.

Anywho, Okie....I really do need to know where to go hang out. I leave for Omaha in a matter of days. I would like to know some cool spots.

Thanks in advance.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Omaha Nightlife

Also, I would suggest PM'ing OmahaTiger. He lives there and could probably give you way more info than any of us. If you go by Rosenblatt, stop in at Stadium View Sports. That's the one owned by Greg Pivovar referenced above. Heck of a nice guy and I'm sure he would love to point you in the right direction. I actually promised to send him some Oak Grove jambalaya mix. Gotta get that in the mail.......

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

so you decided to let everyone in on your dirty little secret, cs? thats ok, we know you bleed purple and gold.

as far as eating establishments, i'll have to ask greenie. i am terrible at remembering names of places. the one i do remember is kong burgers across the street from rosenblatt. so named for obvious reasons, and their decor is lots of stuffed toy lowland primates hanging from the ceiling. its where this pic was taken.

http://www.tigerforums.com/members/...ther-pics-picture1011-cws-2009-okie-jayb.html

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

This is what Cajun Sensation must be eating these days as part of his new diet !! I saw it in his Shazaam lunch box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:rofl: !!!!!!

(That's OK pal, Tulane is a good school)

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Captain Marvel lunch box. Shazam is the wizard.

8. JM Tiger

JM Tiger Founding Member

I am also planning on going this year no matter what, but it will be my first time. Should I already be looking into tickets? For some reason I thought you got them by standing in line up there.

Thanks for the post pod, makes me even more excited about finally getting to go.

9. omahatiger

omahatiger Founding Member

Check out Barretts Barleycorn. It is definately an LSU bar. One of the owners is from Baton Rouge. Last year, they brought the team there after the game. Great place to grab some beer

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

what in the hell is this world coming to?