Crime The Michael Brown shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@LSUMASTERMIND Well said my friend well said. That is a path all should take.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The dude had weed in his system, all that tells me is that him fighting back was impossible.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

WTF???? Do you think there has never been a bar fight where one or both participants were high on weed? Would you be able to fight if you caught somebody stealing your stash?

4. LaSalleAve

We would both forget about what we were fighting over after the first sentence.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Come on now. Pot doesn't have the same effect on everyone. If someone is prone to violent or aggressive behavior, adolescents, weed combined with other drugs, someone coming down from a high...can all lead to aggression, paranoia, or violent outbursts. At least 2 of those apply to Brown and 2 others might as well.

Naive to assume that dope smokers are all happy little peaceniks.

GregLSU, red55 and shane0911 like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

It wasn't the weed that's all I'm saying. Don't vilify weed. I won't vilify guns.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I don't know what it was. He had weed in his system. 10 minutes prior he strong-armed the shop owner. He wasn't operating under a hearts and flowers banner.

furduknfish and shane0911 like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's not the way you phrased it. Marijuana neither causes nor prevents aggression. I'm not likely to start a fight whether I was high or not but if I was high and somebody punched me no amount of weed is going to prevent me from fighting back

9. LaSalleAve

The way I phrased it was an old Bill Hicks bit. Bill talked about if you are out and there is a fight are the people fighting normally drunk or stoned? Drunk. Of course marijuana prevents aggression man come on, have you ever smoked? If the dude was high he wasn't just high, he was on something else. Or maybe he is a rare case of crazy because weed doesn't cause aggression.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I've got it on an inside source, no charges to be filed against the officer. Evidence that hasnt been released that supports his story.