Crime The Michael Brown shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 14, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

His hands were not up. He was coming at the cop.

See, even though the cop was NOT stopping them for the robbery of the store, the kid had no way of knowing that. He did know that he just roughed up some poor old man and stole some stuff so he just assumed that is why the cop was there. He got hostile and died because of it.

Moral=don't steal shit, don't try to take the guns off of cops, pull your damn pants up. You just might live.

kcal and tirk like this.
  2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

initially they werent if the autopsy report is correct. But after he surrenders and is shot 4 more times. Then its an issue.

dont get the pull up your pants part?

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It won't matter what evidence is presented at this point. It will be labeled as tainted or fixed or false. The only outcome that Ferguson will accept is the police officer going to jail for some significant period of time.

tirk and Bengal B like this.
  4. LSUMASTERMIND

i have no issue with the office defending himself, but to continue to shoot after his hands are up is a problem for me, otherwise i cant pretend to care about this case.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know if there is any evidence whether Brown's hands were up after the initial shot or not but police everywhere, not just in Ferguson, are trained to keep firing until their pistol is empty once the decision is made that to use deadly force is inevitable. Police are never trained to shoot to wound. They are trained to shoot to kill.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

doesnt change how i feel. if thats the policy thats even worse.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The problem that I'm having is trying this case in front of the grand jury instead of in open court. Grand Jury testimony is not made public. The grand jury should have been instructed to decide whether the case should go to court. Obviously it should. In open court, both sides would get their say, every bit of evidence would be made public, and nobody could say that justice was not done. This way will satisfy nobody and guarantees more trouble because nobody knows what the grand jury has been shown or if both sides were well represented.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's the policy everywhere. They are also supposedly trained to use utmost restraint and only fire their weapons if the circumstances justify it but there are both good, concientious cops and there are trigger happy cops.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

I agree with that, innocent or guilty verdict, you have to be satisfied with open court.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you can run faster.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.