Crime The Michael Brown shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 14, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The cop shot the dude with no weapon 6 times. How come soldiers have to follow rules of engagement but this coward pig didn't have to?

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'm pretty sure that if a radical islamic element tried to take a gun from said soldier, he'd get shot more than 6 times.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

Or the soldier would take him down without firing a shot.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Even if the soldier was a female?

We can spend all day talking about what happened at the end of the story. If we back it up to the very beginning, there were several moments and opportunities for Mr. Brown to avoid his own death. If we are going to judge the officer for his ONE moment, should we not also judge Brown for his MANY moments?

shane0911 likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

I don't think so, the officer gets to go home, Mr. Brown doesn't. Why not knee cap him? Why not tase the shit out of him? Why 6 shots? It's excessive at the least.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

You really think the officer gets to just go home? He's alive, yes. But his life has changed permanently.

I can't answer your other questions because I wasn't there, I don't know what occurred between the two. The forensic evidence leaked so far, support the officer. Why did Brown commit a strong arm robbery? Why did he physically assault a shop owner who was a minority? Why was he under the influence? Why and how did he get shot through the hand with blood inside the vehicle despite what "eye witnesses" said? Why did his partner lie about what happened?

No way this all belongs on the officer and I have no opinions as to his mindset or intent.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

He gets to go home though, no matter how you shake it, he shot an unarmed kid 6 times. His life is forever changed sure, but it wouldn't be had he not shot an unarmed kid 6 times. That was his choice, he gets to live with it, he signed up to be a cop, the sad part about this whole thing is now his wife and kids are going to have to pay for his actions.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Broseph, he was 18 years old, 6'4" and almost 300 lbs. That doesn't make him guilty or bad but he was in no way "a kid". He was a man, full grown and under the influence, having just committed a strong arm robbery. What did Michael expect to happen that day? What consequences did he consider before getting stoned and robbing an innocent? HE forever changed his own life with some of the choices he made.

I don't know the mindset of the officer. I don't know what kind of person he is other than the reports from friends and associates. If the friends and family of Brown say he was a gentle giant despite what we saw on video, then I can just as well believe that the officer is a good man who did what he thought was right under the circumstances. Why is the assumption that he is a bad or racist person?

Is it strange that just you and I seem to be posting right now? Lol.

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

I know right, oh well I'll take it my wife is knocked out beside me and not conversing so thanks for the company.

I really don't have a dog in this fight I just have never liked cops much. They have never done anything for me when I needed them.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He was a grown man, a legal adult--6-4, 250 pounds who had already committed assault and battery that day. You can stop with this "kid" shit.