Crime The Michael Brown shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 14, 2014.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

An open court would probably have been seen as more legit however, there was always going to be some people who were prepared to believe whatever they wanted to. I'm glad the testimony is being made public.

For me the most telling is the prosecutor on "eyewitnesses"....

Some admitted to lying or fabricating their original eyewitness accounts.
    Some admitted to having seen only parts of what transpired and then filled in the rest based on what they heard on the street.
    Some held to their original statements even though they were completely unsupported by the physical evidence.

Even Brown's best friend Torian Johnson claimed he was 10 feet away and saw exactly what happened but the physical evidence does not support what he claimed.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I agree but many of those people probably have had a bad personal experiences with the law. Plus the media sold us some "things" that look like were not true. Even still, those "marks" on Darren" could have been "put" at the station when he went in. We're not talking broken skin.

How in the hell any person could think burning innocent peoples' businesses is okay really pisses me off. Makes me lose rationality in speaking about the rioters and I wouldn't post here what I call them cause I mean it in the most disparaging way.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's a stretch. His testimony was supported by more physical evidence than just the marks. They didn't manufacture gunpowder residue on Brown's hand which supported his attempt to grab the gun....Johnson's testimony claimed it was the other way around. Wilson said he felt like a 5-year old wrestling with Hulk Hogan....Johnson claimed it was Wilson who was physically overpowering Brown from inside the vehicle. Compare the stats on size and the physical location of each person. The evidence supports Wilson.

People come up with all sorts of irrational reasons to excuse their behavior. I can't judge another parent on grieving the loss of their child and yet despite calling for calm yesterday, Michael's mother was a public display that likely helped to fan the flames. "As McCulloch read his statement, Michael Brown's mother, Lesley McSpadden, sat atop a vehicle listening to a broadcast of the announcement. When she heard the decision, she burst into tears and began screaming before being whisked away by supporters." I read that the Brown family was supposed to get the results prior to the public announcement. I would like to know if that occurred. It should have.

4. LSUTiga

It was and that was before I read his account. After reading Wilson's account I feel pretty comfortable they got it right.

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I think the Brown family have done a good job of asking people not to riot and loot and to keep their demonstrations peaceful; same for other black leaders. That said, there are bad apples in every batch and it only takes a few to make it look really bad in a case like this. Damn shame and does nothing to help their case, if they are really after the truth and honoring the memory of the man who died.
    That said, I agree that the marks on his face don't add up to what Wilson said happened. First, the main mark was on the right side of his face and according to his claim MB came at him through the drivers side window. Wilson also said that MB hit him twice with full on punches but MB was 6-4, 260 pound grown ass man. I am about 6-2, 205 and if I hit you twice then there would be more damage than just a few marks......and that ain't bragging, I would assume the same about any grown man. I'm not disputing that the Grand Jury did their homework and considering ALL the facts, but that one part didn't add up to me.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I expect most of the terrorist, erhhh protestors, have their information from CNN, Twitter or Facebook, but yet they presume to know more about the case than those that heard and examined the evidence.

Rational thought vs animalistic, emotion driven behavior. The gulf is very wide, probably to wide!

Bengal B and LSUDad like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I saw a story today in a printed publication calling Twitter "an echo chamber that limits opposing political views."
    In other words people tend to follow only those who they already agree with.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

There were some serious problems with fpd policies wrt the investigation. There should have been an indictment. Maybe the doj will rip them a new one.

9. LSUTiga

Such as?

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He didn't look too beat up to me. If that's taking a beating he is a bigger pussy than George Zimmerman, and Zimmerman is a pretty gigantic pussy. Also if Michael Brown was shot by "officer" Wilson's account and tried to run away, why did he have to keep shooting him. At what point does a citizen get to defend his or her life when the cops are shooting you? Life has a way of working these things out though, he will get his comeuppance.