Crime The Michael Brown shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 14, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

If that happens, aside from stupid people burning property and looting engaged in criminal activity, the protest is probably less than half of what it is now.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Zero? What didn't make sense?

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

the fact that he is punching the cop in the face and turns to his friend to give him cigars and says he hold these, per the cop. Not saying it didnt happen, some sort of scuffle happened. I just dont believe this version.
    Too many different versions from different witnesses all with an agenda including Wilson not to be indicted.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Likewise, I think the story that Wilson reached out and pulled Brown into the police cruiser through the window is ridiculously unbelievable.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Zero sense? Other than the cigars, which I think you may have suggested happened at a different moment in the situation, what didn't make sense and what evidence was strange?

Who has said that James Holmes is misunderstood. He's scum and either a total loner loser or truly insane. Either way I don't see more than a handful of people who would mourn his sorry ass if he got electrocuted today.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    StaceyO likes this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

This grand jury was provided more evidence and more witness testimony BY FAR, than most grand juries would normally see. They need not have 100% agreement amongst themselves or to have a finding beyond reasonable doubt. By all means, it would have been surprising to have them find in favor of charges including unavoidable death (i.e. murder by Wilson) or that the incident occurred simply because Brown was black and Wilson was racist.

The DA has also released all documents for public review and did so immediately after the presser. That is unnecessary and completely outside the normal rules of a grand jury. Did any of the looters or sympathizers bother to look, read, or review it? No, their opinions were set well before the outcome was announced.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Maybe so. However, the DA released all the documents which is highly unusual. The eyewitnesses were not subject to cross and it's clear that many would not even have been called to testify in a trial because they were unbelievable, found to have fabricated some or all of their stories, or the evidence did not back up their stories.

As you mentioned, Tavion said the officer pulled Brown toward the vehicle and Wilson was the aggressor. He also said Brown was shot while running away. The evidence does not support his story.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I read the huffpo article. It doesn't change the evidence that does exist. No handprints retrieved from the gun...but Brown's blood was inside the vehicle. The investigator did not take pictures...dozens of others did. The distance between Brown and Wilson was not measured....but pictures from the crime scene and autopsy results provided context that supported Wilson's story.

Wilson never fired his weapon on duty prior to this. He was in a situation where he feared for his life. His actions are well within the frame of "reasonable" based on what he might have been feeling at the time. And so are the investigator's based on what was happening. We've all seen the aftermath....the situation was crazy and tense. Public safety and calming things down were more important than sitting down with a notepad to play secretary.

Likewise, what of Brown....under the influence, commits a strong arm robbery, refuses to cooperate with the directions of a police officer....that individual's actions are more in line with what Wilson says than others who claim he was a gentle giant shot in the back while fleeing. Tavion says that Wilson was f-bombing them both and being disrespectful. Officer Wilson says it was Brown who told him to f-off and called him a pussy before trying to grab the gun.....because he'd already slammed the car door twice to keep Wilson inside the vehicle. He ignored repeated orders to stop.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

"The distance from the front wheel of the officer’s S.U.V. to Mr. Brown’s body was 153 feet, 9 inches"

Since we have a ton of football fans on here, I'll put it in those terms: that's basically half of a football field, folks.

I'm not sure what other evidence you need than that lone fact to know the cop's testimony is totally fucking ridiculous and made up.

And from this picture:

[​IMG]

I don't see a police officer that was in much of a scuffle.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Read the testimony. The shooting did not take place by the vehicle. Wilson stated that once Brown had been shot in the hand inside the vehicle, he ran and Wilson gave chase. Brown turned and came back toward Wilson 3 times even after being told to stop. He fired 11 shots in all. 2 inside the car, and 9 outside with a total of 6 hits, only 1 of which ended up stopping Brown. He was a lousy shot under pressure. Autopsy results support Wilson's testimony.
    Brown twice blocked Wilson from exiting his vehicle. Wilson said Brown hit him twice, once on each side of his face. A tall person reaching into a vehicle is not going to land a serious shot on someone who is evading. He also said Brown reached around his neck and there is a mark there as well.

There is a video. If Wilson is lying, we'll know soon enough.