Crime The Michael Brown shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I think the media has sensationalized this story grandly and has a lot to do with the irrational sentiment that abounds. They have a history of destroying lives for profit.

Bengal B and LSUTiga like this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Holder is about justice so I imagine he is going to make sure the looters/thugs/arsonists are prosecuted. Sure, Life > Business but I mean justice is justice, right? Or can blacks in power pick and choose. Or maybe those punks are like the kid in the theater and just misunderstood.

I sure don't see the Sharpton's howling about the black on white crime and whites surely can't say anything cause that would make them racist. Stories like the ones below never get media coverage.

- See more at: http://whitegirlbleedalot.com/tag/black-on-white-crime/#sthash.cijVYS5r.dpuf

Do I think these are the same as IF an officer, in the line of duty, abused his authority and shot innocent people? Certainly not but lets' not have blacks act like the increasing racial problems our country has are one-sided. In fact the POS POTUS has set race relations back many years with how he's handled race-related issues.

3. LSUTiga

They're already started on the next one. The 12 year old in Ohio who was sticking a gun in peoples' faces. Toy gun my ass, he was running a test to see if he could scare people to know if he could get them to hand over some cash. Why in the hell else would a 12 year old be doing that.

Sad thing is cop that pulled up so close messed up on two accounts. 1/ If he believed him to be a danger he should've parked a little farther and spoken to him. 2/ He put his partner in a difficult position in having to make a quick decision. One that, had he hesitated, COULD HAVE ended up with HIS life being ended had the gun the 12 year old reached for was real. If you have to roll the dice, you can't leave it to chance.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Like the New York Times, publishing Officer Wilson's address and the name of his wife? But I'm sure he has it coming....

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  5. LSUTiga

Holy shyt. I didn't know that.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What exactly do you imagine that this distance proves?

Not one damn thing.

7. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I agree, Red. After seeing all the evidence that has been released, I think it should have gone to trial also.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

i disagree. After the DA assimilated all the evidence it was obvious that Wilson's actions were justified. The reason that it went before the Grand Jury was to satisfy the mob.

tirk likes this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I agree. First of all, while the DA may not have recommended a single charge, he did give the grand jurors a range of charges to consider, from involuntary manslaughter up to first-degree murder. In addition, this isn't a "regular" jury that was selected after the crime or without some experience.

"The judge for County Circuit Court Division 7 picked the grand jury back in May from a random list of county residents. They have already heard other cases and they have handed down indictments in some cases."

Also, "unlike with a typical grand jury, he would present to this grand jury all the evidence gathered in the police investigation and offer the jurors the opportunity to hear from any witness with relevant information." And at the end of the process, he released all documents which is unusual.

Lastly, it isn't without precedent to go to a grand jury for certain reasons outside the legal reasoning.

"ABC News chief legal affairs anchor Dan Abrams said there is precedent for prosecutors presenting cases to grand juries without recommending charges, particularly high profile, controversial cases.

"I'm not going to dispute with you on the facts, but let's talk about the process and the law, which is that there are a lot of high profile cases, and I've seen them, where prosecutors say, 'You know what, I'm going to hand this one to the grand jury. I want the political cover on this one. I want to let them decide so I'm not the one who takes the heat on this decision,'" he said.

"So it is not sort of out of left field that in a high profile case a prosecutor hands it off to a grand jury to make that decision," he said.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member