Crime The Michael Brown shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

obvious to whom? the DA? based simply upon the evidence that I've seen there is absolutely no way to say with any certainty that the officers account is 100% accurate. just for starters the guy had one small mark on the RIGHT side of his face. he claims that MB attacked him through the drivers side window and that MB landed two square punches that were so violent that he feared that a third punch would be fatal. Now, it doesn't take a legal expert to discern that two punches from a man that stood 6-4,300 would most definitely leave more than a single mark on the opposite side of his face of the one who took them. So, either the officer lied about the verocity of the punches or MB was the most incredible pussy in the entire world.
    The very fact that you think they only sent this to the grand jury to satisfy the mob would fall in accordance with the mentality that the "mob" doesn't deserve justice, just for the authorities to pretend that they are getting justice and, frankly, I find that shallow and ignorant. Have you looked at the evidence at all or just listened to your preferred media tell you what to think?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Who says? What did the medical experts say? His face is swollen, bruised, and red in the photos. That's what happened to me when I've been punched in the face. Not all punches cause lacerations and break jaws, in fact most them them don't.

tirk likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Did you look at all the evidence because your account is incorrect. Wilson's photos show redness and swelling on BOTH sides of his face in addition to a red mark and early bruising to his right eye. He also had a mark on the back of his neck. Wilson stated that the first hit was a full-on swing but not full-on contact. With Brown leaning into the car it would have been highly improbable to land a hit that would break tissue or bones as red indicated.

A grand jury is not unusual at all in highly public or controversial cases. Why is the DA going to a jury trial with witnesses who admittedly lied, misrepresented, or testified to things that can't be backed up with physical evidence? What is unusual is for a DA to provide the amount of evidence this one did when they need only sufficient evidence to recommend a charge and to then release all the documents after.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That's right. Also when one is jumped (as it appears Wilson was) and gets hit a couple of times his ability to measure exactly the impact is pretty limited. Wilson said what he thought/felt not what he could measure. If you're a cop and attacked by someone as big as Brown it is very reasonable and understandable to assume you're life is in danger and react as so. You can't use the pictures showing Brown as a teddy bear to get an accurate picture of what Wilson saw then.
    It was a tragedy that Michael Brown died , but it appears he did as much or more to create the situation.

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Everyone deserves justice, including Darren Wilson. Based on the evidence, making Darren Wilson go before a Grand Jury was 'Unjust'.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Putting Wilson in front of a grand jury was political. In a normal case the District Attorney would decide whether or or not there was enough evidence to file charges but due the the sensitive political nature of this case and the fact that the DA is an elected official and a politician he handed the task over to a grand jury. It was not an injustice to Wilson. He was exonerated and justice was served. Brown's family also got justice. They just don't like the justice they got. Nothing short of a murder one charge would have satisfied them and their handlers

Winston1 likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Nah, the DA punted. He didn't want to have that decision rest with him. It's the biggest reason Grand Jury's get these things.

tirk likes this.
  8. Tiger in NC

Did you see the pictures of Wilson? He looks like he just strolled out of a super market, not been in a fight for his life like he claims. His face is not swollen, it is not bruised and it is not red. The redness you are describing looks more like he just came in from the cold than the result of a punch.

You haven't seen or been in many fights then, Red. If so, then you have been fighting with pussies. I have been in my fair share of fights and I've witnessed countless others. I was in junior high the last time I saw a fight when no one had bruises or lacerations....at least a bloody nose or lip.

Given the fact that Wilson claims he felt his life was in jeopardy, I would expect to see something more than rosy cheeks.

9. Tiger in NC

So, you are saying that the first punch didn't even make contact but Wilson somehow still ended up with these non-existent wounds? Which is it? Did Brown beat him up or did the punches miss? You can't have it both ways. You cannot say, at the same time, that he was fearful for his life because of the verocity of the punches and that said punches missed their targets. You are arguing my point actually. You are correct that Brown could not have hit him hard enough through a car door window to actually hurt him, much less make him thinking he was going to kill him. Wilson's lawyer coached him to say that he believed his life was in danger....same thing that George Zimmerman's lawyer told him to say.

10. Tiger in NC

bull shit Winston, and quit trying to white-wash this whole thing. Now you are speculating about what Wilson MIGHT have thought. The guy said that he was hit twice in the fact so hard that he feared a third punch could be fatal. I've now had Red tell me that full punches from a man 6-4,300 doesn't leave a mark or a laceration....I've had USC tell me that the punches actually didn't land at all....Now you are telling me that the whole thing is okay because of the way that Wilson MIGHT have perceived it? Look, the fact is that none of you can get your story straight because Darren Wilson couldn't get his story straight. The DA never cross-examined Wilson, just let him talk. How in the hell are we ever supposed to get to the truth without someone asking hard questions?

To be clear, I am in no way defending what Brown did by robbing the store. He deserved to be punished for that crime.....but not killed for it. Nor, does robbing the store in any way justify what Wilson did to Brown. Wilson is like most street cops....afraid of their own fucking shadow and hiding behind a badge. The DA provided cover for one of their own.....happens all the time, especially when the victim is a black kid whose parents don't have the money for high-powered attorneys to fight it.