Crime The Michael Brown shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 14, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

The cop in NYC gets off after he administers a choke hold, illegal by the rules of NYPD, ruled a homicide by the coroner. I guess he was in fear of his life as well.

Tiger in NC and asignupe99 like this.
  2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Brown's accomplice in the theft said they while Brown was fighting with Wilson, Brown turned and handed him the cigars.

3. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Or could it be that PEOPLE are talking about it but the MEDIA isn't? It's just like the company line of not seeing protests when blacks people kill each other. That's because the media doesn't show that but there are always rallies taking place where there is a great deal of this type of crime occurring. That's just not sexy to the mainstream media because they need you to believe that black people don't care about black on black crime. The media always wins.

I don't know of anyone participating in "Black Lives Matter" protest that are only talking about Michael Brown. Brown is just the catalyst. But they're also talking about Tamir Rice. And Trayvon Martin. And Oscar Grant. And John Crawford III. And Eric Garner. And Ronald Madison. And Amadou Diallo. And Ramarley Graham. And so on and so forth...

To be clear, all lives matter but I understand the current rallying cry perfectly. Also, police should be held accountable when they take the life of ANY unarmed person, regardless of the race of the officer or the victim. It just seems that this dispraportionately affects white officers and black men. You could add several other incidents to the list that didn't result in death such as the incident in South Carolina when the cop told the guy to get his identification then shot the guy when he did as instructed. Or the incident in Indiana where cops executed a traffic stop then knocked the passenger window out and tased the passenger in front of their terrified children. So you tase a man for disagreeing with you while he's seated and not posing any threat to you and has nothing to do with the stop in question?

One thing that is painfully obvious is that for some reason police tend to be more aggressive towards black men and that's something that has to be identified and addressed on both sides. It's to the point that if you're a black man you have to play slave and master when dealing with cops. No sudden movements. No natural movements. No natural reactions. And don't you dare speak out of turn boy! Now there is certainly some teaching that needs to happen in households regarding carrying yourself in a dignified manner and being respectful of law enforcement. But sometimes that doesn't make a bit of difference. The police need additional training as well. Impoverished areas need the most policing but you can't police folks by acting like dicks. I read a comment on FB from a cop talking about the difficulty of the job...which noone disputes...and added on, we may not have the best bedside manner but we do our best...

Bedside manner? That's 75% of the problem from the law enforcement side right there! Learn how to talk to people. I am not your son. You are not my superior. Learn some names! I guarantee when you are in these neighborhoods you see the same cast of characters in the streets daily. Talk to them! And not on police business. Talk to them like people. In reality, big city cops could use some small town cop manners. That won't solve everything, but it's a start.

StaceyO and Bengal B like this.
  4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

That was some wrong shit going down there. I saw the video. Man was upset about always being harassed. There was no probable cause to approach him much less attack him.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. asignupe99

Yep, sad part was they weren't even there for him initially. They were there for some fight that was going on and he was there but had nothing to do with it then they started harassing him. I don't understand how you don't indict when the officer is using an illegal hold to subdue a man that wasn't bothering anyone and wasn't even doing what you had already harassed him about. I really don't understand why this one even needed a grand jury.

red55, LSUMASTERMIND and Winston1 like this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Myth. There were 123 blacks killed by police fire last year and over 300 whites who died by the same.

Agree.

7. asignupe99

Not a myth...UNARMED

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Here's how I feel about these cases. You fuck with the bull, sometimes you get the horn. Should Michael Brown be dead, maybe, maybe not. It depends on if he was trying to wrestle the gun away from the cop. I don't think he did but he did attack the cop through his window. He did rob a store. He did disrespect an officer and disobey his commands. When you do stuff like that, there's a range of consequences. You may get away with it all, or you may pay the ultimate price. That's why you don't do those things. Same with the guy in NYC. No one was trying to kill that guy, but he resisted and got put in a position where bad stuff happened. You fuck with the bull, and sometimes you get the horn.

Now Tamir Rice, that's a different deal. I don't have any idea why that kid is dead. I've watched the video and while it's obscured, I can't think of any situation in which the cops acted even somewhat appropriately. I'll be curious to see how that shakes out. Everyone is questioning the race of the cops. I thought I saw they were both white but I don't remember. That's where the outrage should be, not a criminal like Michael Brown.

And before I get the, you can say that because you've never been in that position, I'll address that. I have been in that position. In my younger days, my civil rights were violated by a cop and I paid a price for it. He had no business treating me the way he did but at the time I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing. I won't get into particulars and it wasn't anything bad but when your actions put you in those positions, you run the risk of a wide range of consequences. So in the end, it's best not to fuck with the bull.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

hilarious
    cops are human too, not God, someone who loses their life over being suspected of selling untaxed cigarettes with no evidence of that is not disrespecting authority. i dont see him resisting arrest and he shouldnt have been arrested to begin with.

so much wrong with your explanation.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The guy was grossly overweight and had bad asthma. How hard would it have been for the cop to just tell him to move on?