Crime The Michael Brown shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 14, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Uppity knuckleheads could be controlled by threatening to shut down Starbucks. That in that picture is how you control violent gangs or prison riots.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Call em what you like, how about "the situation" and no, not that orange idiot that was on TV a while back. What they have is a violent gang that has a riot mentality. I see nothing wrong with keeping them under control if they won't behave on their own.

GregLSU, Bengal B and HalloweenRun like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

Yeah but do they need military grade weapons, and tanks? These are cops, not people like you who were trained to fight an enemy. I'm tired of cops saying well we risk our lives every day... Yeah some of them do, but most of them don't. Most of them, their most exciting moment of their day is getting a hard on when they pull over a hot woman.

I don't feel any of them should be allowed to militarize. Fuck we are footing the bill, how can this happen?

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

violence and looting is never the answer, but its too many stories in this situation that doesn't excuse the police. Like shooting rubber bullets at peaceful protesters and arresting journalist for being in Mc Donalds.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Britain has strict laws about this, they think the press just poisons all objectivity. There is a lot of sense in that.

But in America it is absurd to withhold a policeman's name when the police routinely give out the names of their suspects to the press, even "persons of interest" and let them be tried in the court of public opinion when none of the evidence is available.

Man, you haven't even heard his side of the story, yet. The "kid" was a grown man of legal age that is flashing gang signs in his photos. He may have gone after the cop, who suffered injuries to his face. You punch a cop and he's liable to shoot you.

The police haven't said much except that the shooting occurred in the car. They interviewed one of the "witnesses" on TV today and he said that the cop "pulled my friend into the car and then shot him". Who ever heard of a cop pulling a suspect into the front seat of his car on top of him? It doesn't make a lot of sense. There will be forensic evidence. There may even be a recording. It will be interesting to hear what the witnesses say under oath and subject to perjury.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They don't have tanks. And armored cars are only needed if they are being shot at. I don't understand why they are wearing helmets and body armor and carrying assault rifles either. Until recently control of rowdy crowds was handled by offices with hard hats, safety glasses, and plastic shields carrying a billy club. A handgun is all that is needed to subdue looters.

If nobody is shooting, leave the body armor and assault rifles in the armored car . . . way back in the background.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Its called a show of force my man. I totally get what you are saying about the over zealous cops being dickheads and for the most part you are right.

In this situation however I think it is warranted. If they show up with billy clubs and handcuffs there is a great chance that both will be used on the cops instead of the other way around. If they show up like they are and the mob says "fuck, these cats mean business we better calm the fuck down" then it has done its job. If it doesn't and the mob still wants to act jackasserish then...mess with the bull you get the horns. Know what I mean?

GregLSU likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

Or pepper spraying peaceful sit in protesters.

9. LaSalleAve

Did the young man that was killed have a weapon?

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

This is a before and after pic with the Ferguson police being replaced by the Highway patrol.

[​IMG]
    New Police Commander walking with protesters instead of tear gassing them:

[​IMG]

Who would have thought a little respect and understanding could go so far?