Crime The Michael Brown shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Where do you get your information? Do you automatically believe everything Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson say?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I already said i could be thinking of a completely different case. This type of thing happens a lot these days.

3. LaSalleAve

Oh and btw Sharpton and Jackson can lick my balls. I don't believe a f'n word that comes out of their mouths.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You were pretty damn quick to cry for a pig roast. Would you say the say thing if a black cop shot a white punk?

5. LaSalleAve

Yep

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

People who know him are describing him as thoughtful and good-natured...became a cop because he really wanted to help and serve. And yet at least one Congressman is saying he absolutely committed a crime. Let's just skip the trial.

What I don't get from today...the State Department was okay with announcing the cop's name but discouraged the release of the video tape because of what might transpire. What is the difference? What were people going to do once they got the officer's name? Send him a candy gram?

And Brown's parents are mad at the police for not telling them about the robbery or the videotape but what about Brown's friend who has been all over TV? Shouldn't he have told the parents? And now I hear some people saying the police photoshopped Brown into the video. I have little hope of the truth coming out from either side.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'll never understand what could be going through the minds of some of these people. The other night on TV I saw a looter walking down the street carrying one 22 inch rim. What the hell is he going to do with only one rim? Or was he going to risk going back three more times for the others?

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Hard when something like this happens. People bring their own experiences into it and that's what they analyze/evaluate what happened- in this case & to this point with a lack of evidence. However, it would take A LOT of hard evidence to change the minds of those emotionally charged about this, one way or the other.

In fact, despite the evidence, people will switch to "wanting" what they want to see as the outcome regardless of justice. Justice takes a backseat after people "take sides."

After a week it's not what is being said that raises a red flag; rather, what's not being said. I get the feeling the officials are trying to distance the incident from the release in hopes that some of the anger will subside before dropping the bombshell. I can understand the community being upset. I can never understand how they think it's okay to go riot and damage property/livelihood of innocent people. They're lucky there has been no more loss of life.

You all realize that EITHER way, this is going to get worse before it gets better. There is trouble either way here. If it's found that the officer IS justified or WAS NOT justified, the shyt will hit the fan.

I would like to take this opportunity to say Al Sharpton is a maggot- almost literally.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The FBI is investigating now. It's all going to come out.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

If red had a son who was a cop, he'd look like Darren.

[​IMG]

GregLSU likes this.