Crime The Michael Brown shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 14, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

im not offended, but black leaders today in these situations get nothing done because of who they are.
    i dont need al sharpton to tell me not to loot. As angry as I am about this situation, i have sense enough to know, boy I shouldnt steal and vandalize other peoples' shit.
    see what he has to understand is that a certain element of people are using this as an excuse to be violent and loot, no black leader is going to change this fact. Its up to the community at large to change this and some are trying.

GregLSU, StaceyO, shane0911 and 2 others like this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Slightly different report here....

"The two shots that hit Brown in the head were likely among the last that hit him and traveled from the back of his head to the front, indicating that Brown's head was tilted forward, either because he was bending over or falling over, when the final shots struck him, forensic expert Dr. Michael Baden said at a news conference today. Brown had abrasions on his face from where he "fell flat down unprotected," Baden said.

A gunshot wound to his arm could show either that he was hit while walking away from the shooter, with his back to the officer, or that he was facing the shooter with his arm up, either in a surrender position, defensive position, or other motion, Baden said. "

[​IMG]

"The officer needs to be arrested. Why would (Brown) be shot in the very top of his head? A 6-foot-4 man, it makes no sense," attorney Darrell Parks said, explaining that the paths of both of the bullets were from the back of the head toward the front of the head. "We believe those two things alone are ample evidence for the officer to be arrested".

Either he is correct or based on witnesses who said Brown had his hands up and just 20 feet away, the officer was firing haphazardly. Indeed, why shoot him 3 times in the arm? Not looking good for Officer Wilson.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That is very imprecise for Baden. Of course, he is working for hire for the family and will not comment on anything that is at odds with that. It should be possible for forensics to show exactly what position the arms were in. The FBI lab report will be interesting and hopefully a lot more detailed.

4. red55

I quite agree with what you say, but I understand what Winston was getting at, too.

When there are instances like this, there is definitely a black community presence in the peaceful protests. There are definitely black leaders who stand up and denounce the system or the police or whatever grievance is there. Black people organize rally's and speeches. Sharpton shows up. Black celebrities comment on TV. But when protests turn ugly with shooting, lootings, and gasoline bombs, nobody seems to take any ownership of that. That's all individuals misbehaving, you understand. And we have seen this pattern so much before -- the Detroit Riots, the MLK riots, The Watts riots, the Rodney King riots, etc. I thought a corner had been turned at the Travon incident which was not accompanied by mass riots.

Just when public attention was focused on this apparent unnecessary killing, these violent riots against business and people not involved in that killing change public opinions. A few days ago I was hearing about the police having too much military equipment. Now they are saying, I guess we see why they need that equipment, I guess we see why officers cop the attitudes that they do. These incidents hurt the black community as badly as police abuse, but the black community leaders of last week seem to go silent rather than blame their own. I kind of disagree with you when you say no black leader can change this. If not they, who can?

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

again, there is no one person in charge of the black community.

here you go.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...stores_n_5684042.html?utm_hp_ref=black-voices

Ferguson Protesters Guard Stores From Looters

Chaos broke out in the streets of Ferguson on Friday night, the same day that police announced the name of the officer who killed unarmed teenager Michael Brown and released footage appearing to show Brown stealing cigarettes from a convenience store. Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson later said Friday the initial contact between Brown and officer Darren Wilson was not related to a convenience store robbery.

A peaceful protest on Friday night turned into another confrontation with police after some in the crowd reportedly threw rocks and people began looting stores, including the convenience store that Brown was accused of robbing. Police formed lines and fired tear gas to disperse the crowd.

In the midst of it all, protesters took it upon themselves to guard stores against looting.

There are bad actors, then you have the people who actually live here doing something about it.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. red55

I don't mean to suggest that, just that the same leaders that made an issue of the shooting should be making one of the looting, too.

Now, that's what I'm talking about.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

In my opinion, why would you have a "leader" of blacks? What good would that do? IMO it will only prolong the divide we in between the races.

In all honesty, anyone willing to just stand up for what is right can change this. There needs to be more support in the low wealth communities and family values restored.

8. red55

There are leaders in any group of any people. It has always been this way.

I wish it were that simple.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

More updates....

Baden waived his fee for this case. During the course of the presser, Baden seemed to be providing social commentary in addition to basic forensic evidence. "People have been asking: How many times was he shot? This information could have been released on Day 1,....they don’t do that, even as feelings built up among the citizenry that there was a cover-up. In my capacity as the forensic examiner for the New York State Police, I would say, ‘You’re not supposed to shoot so many times."

There have clearly been conflicting reports about what actually transpired. Officer Wilson's account suggested that Brown was charging toward him and at least one of the shots could support that..."This one here looks like his head was bent downward,” he said, indicating the wound at the very top of Mr. Brown’s head. “It can be because he’s giving up, or because he’s charging forward at the officer." Brown's friend, Dorian Johnson, claimed that Brown was hit in the back as he ran away. However, "Mr. Johnson said that he hid behind a parked car and that Mr. Brown was struck by a bullet in his back as he ran away, an account that Dr. Baden’s autopsy appears to contradict."

So while the Brown family was upset about the police "using" the strong arm robbery video in an attempt to sway things, how is it that Baden's autopsy report was on full view at a presser courtesy of their attorney while the Ferguson PD had yet to receive the report? Seems like both sides are proceeding in a very bad way.

And how Holder is coming in. What good is that going to do and why did there need to be a 3rd autopsy?

As far as the idiots who are looting and rioting, most of those arrested are not from Ferguson. They are coming in from all over the country. Pretty sad. This community can't begin to move forward with outsiders stirring the shit.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If somebody is a "leader of white people" he is a Klansman or a self styled "Fuhrer." David Duke has been both. Why does a race or ethnic group need a leader? Can't somebody just be a "People's Leader?"